Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We have a new Facebook Page coming ...
As many of you may know, to get on Facebook a couple of years ago, I assigned our former Associate Editor, Bob Tate to the task.
He made a personal page with his name and Pipes Magazine on it. Later, he added my name as we both shared the responsibility of working Facebook. (At the time, Facebook Pages for businesses didn't exist.)
Later, Bob left the company.
I tried, literally ten times to change the page and Facebook would always deny it. It was looking kind of dumb with a title Bob Kevin PipesMagazine.
Patricia, my girlfriend, saw it today and gave me a load of crap about how retarded it was with that title, and how it shouldn't have Bob's name, it should have mine, blah, blah, blah. She sent me 6 emails about it.
So I sighed and gave it a shot again, and this time it actually worked. Pretty funny.
I still have to convert it to a "Page" for business, instead of a Personal Profile, but have to wait for FB to archive the photo and video content so it's not lost in the conversion.
I think it's pretty funny how I couldn't make it change until Patricia pushed the issue with me. It's pretty cool that she cares about my business too. (My last girlfriend couldn't care less.)
http://www.facebook.com/PipesMagazine

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Nice work Kevin
As a PS: You can install a Wordpress plug-in, build a simple FB app and each new article posted on the blog here will post automatically to your Facebook page. People then subscribe to the app or your page via FB and get notified on FB with a little 3 line teaser on the blog entry. I've noticed works pretty darn good. It avoids having to go to Facebook each time something new pops up and yet keeps your Facebook page dynamic.
PM me if you need the details, but it's how I've got my blog set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.