PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
1Q is a great blend.
There are many non-aromatics you can try. Just depends on what is available to you. To save yourself some money I would recommend visiting a tobacconist as they often have great advice as well as jars of bulk tobacco you can sample in your pipe to get an idea what you'll really like.
If you can get your hands on a tin of Squadron Leader I would highly recommend it. Also, you can contact Uhle's in Milwaukee and get some great advice on some of their blends. I love their Bishop's Move (very strong non-aro blend) and their Irish Aromatic (Latakia blend with a light Irish Cream topping). They have a website but only take orders over the phone as they like to provide that personal service touch.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Welcome Eric.
Non Aro's is a whole other world of opportunities. I would try something with Latakia (Frog Morton or Dunhill Early Morning Pipe come to mind) and a Virginia / Perique (Haddo's delight or AJ's Va/ Per)
From there, you can explore further what you like.
Good luck.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey mate: If you order from Pipes & Cigars the sampler pack is a terrific start, I believe its around 29.00 and u recieve 6 blends of about 2 oz each, its a great deal. Couple blends you could include are:
Anniversary Kake

Larry's Blend

Steam Roller

L.J. Burley

Jul 15, 2011
From one Eric to another, Welcome! Here is something that I like to do for drying tobacco: Set the tobacco you need on a piece of paper, then take a desk lamp with a regular bulb, not the fluorescent kind, and turn the lamp on and set it over the tobacco. The heat will dry out the tobacco pretty damn quick, about 15 to 20 minutes, and it will be ready to smoke. Good luck and happy puffing!

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Looks like great advice already so I will just say... welcome to the forum!

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Welcome to the world of pipe smoking. A good tobacco to try is Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla, mild and zero bite plus it is inexpensive. Main thing is to smoke slow and enjoy. Regards, Sam :puffy:

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Welcome Eric,you already got plenty of good advice from the kind people on here. Enjoy your baccy and pipes,I been smoking since the age of the dinosaures and still make the odd c---up :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.