PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
If you can trace a Norse design onto leather and carve it, why not a lunar landscape, LOL?

I can't express how much I love this idea.

Pricing things is understandably difficult when you're starting out- but once you've got your process down then you should be able to gauge how many hours a project is worth. Then, determine how much you'd charge hourly for labor + cost of materials. I would check out comparable pieces on etsy and price your products competitively but fairly (to you, as the artisan).

Feel free to beef up your prices for the Chonowitsch smokers though ? sorry to be crude, but the idea of spending that much on a pipe makes my asshole pucker.

• Love
Reactions: olkofri

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
nice job! Love the hardware. Is there a loop or any other way to secure the pipe from moving around? If you did a larger one to hold more than one pipe, I think that would be important.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
If you can trace a Norse design onto leather and carve it, why not a lunar landscape, LOL?
You could experiment with special designs available for custom work. I know some guys who would buy anything if you stick runes or Freemason or Knights of Columbus symbols on it.

Reactions: supperthyme
Status
Not open for further replies.