PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
I can't remember who it was on this forum but thank you, for advising me of Pauls 99th birthday celebration at Pauls Pipe shop in Flint MI. I went yesturday and purchased a few pipes. It was about an hours drive and well worth it. Paul wasn't there but his son was, and he was very friendly and helpful. It was incredible, the amount of pipes they have, these shops are far and few between. I highly recommend driving there and checking it out. Although there were some really nice Petersons, Stanwell's, etc..I thought it would be appropriate to support Pauls Pipe shop on the wonderful birthday weekend and purchase the pipes they make. The Cayuga pipe. I found 2 that I really liked, (actually the black sandblast was made in London England, then finished by them, as per the son) (buy one, get the second one for 99 cents! They may not be the best quality, but I'll tell ya, I have a nice Lorenzetti, Neerup and Peterson at home that I spent much more on than these 2 pipes, and these pipes smoke very well. I do find the draw is a little lose, however it was probably my packing. I have attached the 2 pipes that I purcased there and 1 I bought off ebay that was sold as a Big Ben Amphora. Very cheap pipe, $17.99 I believe it was. The stem is lose, however I hear Beez Wax may help this. I just love the look and feel of this Amphora. Enjoy the pics.
JanuaryPicsmore027.jpg

JanuaryPicsmore026.jpg

JanuaryPicsmore025.jpg

JanuaryPicsmore022.jpg

NewPipePics021.jpg

NewPipePics020.jpg

NewPipePics017.jpg

NewPipePics018.jpg

NewPipePics013.jpg

NewPipePics014.jpg

Reactions: ChippewaAce

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Wow, that place is sweet! I may have to venture out of Ohio soon and on upwards very soon!

mushjoon

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2011
Garr.... I live in Ann Arbor, MI, but I need a car to go there... ain't got no driving license either

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Paul's is a great place.

Mushjoon, there used to be a tobacconist called Maison Edwards in Nickel's Arcade in AA. Not as big as Paul's, for sure, but a nice little place. A tad pricey, but the whole town is! Check it out.

mushjoon

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2011
I already know that place, been there, and didn't like it that much because of that goddam high price... seriously, $21 for freakin' Classic Samsun? Gotta be kiddin' me aye?

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Grabows!! Hunnerts of 'em!

Looks like a great place! Why are all the good shops have to 500 miles or more from me!!??

fulton

Lurker
Mar 6, 2011
Saginaw,Michigan
I posted regarding the pipe sale and I'm so glad you made it there! I work in Ann Arbor and live a bit west of Flint, but I don't stop in as much as I'd like. I too love the Cayuga pipes - they are amazing performers. I didn't realize we had so many Michiganders here, we should plan a meetup at Paul's closer to summer when it warms up!
Cheers
- Justin

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
The cards are the display panels with the pipe holders attatched. You may have heard someone say that they bought a card of cobs, or a card of old Yello bowls, etc.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Thanks for sharing the photos of the shop. May Paul's Pipe Shop carry on tradition for generations to come. That place is like a candy store for big kids.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I've never heard anyone ever say they bought a card of bowls. You learn something new everyday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.