PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Father the Flame film
This is just a small preview of a new documentary a group of young people in Michigan are making about pipes, pipe making, and slowing down and enjoying life, called "Father the Flame". I don't know about you, but just the little bit I saw of this film made me want to sit down, pipe in hand, and watch a whole bunch more of this.
These guys are trying to raise money to complete this film by early October, and I think the finished film will be even more beautiful and more moving than it already is.
If you want to help these guys out (and all of us in the pipe community really should get behind a project like this), you can go to their indiegogo.com campaign page here: Father the Flame film
Spread the word and help these guys out! It will be so worth it.
Thanks,
Sorringowl

mrmccarthy

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
This documentary looks amazing! Thank you for sharing and i will do my best to spread the word.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Just made a contribution. Suggest everyone do the same, even if it's $5. Every little bit helps.
The film looks like a great idea. Bringing the gentle art of pipe smoking to the masses.
In this day and age, we need all the positive PR we can get.
CACooper

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
This looks cool I really want to see the whole thing now.I will be spreading the word as much as I can aswell.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
This film is really becoming a big deal. Three people have posted the same thing in the last couple of weeks. I hope it reaches fruition.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It's cool and all but they have to raise 70,000 to make a documentary and only have 750. I dunno, do you guys think they can do it?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
They have a tough row to hoe. I doubt that there's a NEA grant in thier future. They should be pitching this to the big guys like Stokkebye, C&D and the like.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Wow there are definitely some all-stars in that trailer!

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the great posts and support!
CaCooper, you da man! Awesome, brother.
This film is really becoming a big deal. Three people have posted the same thing in the last couple of weeks. I hope it reaches fruition.
Assaad, Just saw that myself. Very cool!
It's cool and all but they have to raise 70,000 to make a documentary and only have 750. I dunno, do you guys think they can do it?
Yes! If regular guys like us help them out. For what you would pay for a couple of tins of toby (and god knows I have more than I can smoke right now), you can help these guys create something of lasting value that sheds a positive light and educates people about our community. Hell, I would just like to watch a feature length film, all about pipes, to have something to smoke a bowl or two by!
"If you build it, they will come..."

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
My son is a cigar smoker and he posted it on his facebook page without me even telling him about it. I thought it was great...what I had seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.