PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2016
Hello pipemagazine community !

Sometimes a man can do somethings before thinking, and today, was one of those days i did this.

I know that what you guys say wont change what have been done, but it can lesser my anxiety.

Thing is, i dont know if i made a good deal buying this pipe, and i'd like to hear more experienced smokers on what they think about my newest purchase.

It is a "Everyman" for what i've searched is a sub-brand from Comoy's. I paid 25£ for him. It is a State Pipe

Here it is:
IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6345.jpg

So, what you guys think ?

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Looks to me like a real handsome pipe and well worth the price. Enjoy it and don't hesitate to jump on another!

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Those are very good pipes, comoy high seconds like your pipe would be firsts by most factory manufacturers today. You did well, that is a good looking example.
Doc

Mar 7, 2016
I'm now relieved ! Thanks to all ! Very happy with it, first time i glance at it, it was love. :)

I just ordered Frog Morton on the cellar, and i'm thinking on smoking it on this pipe for the first time.(the tobacco and the pipe)

Mar 7, 2016
Actually not jpmcwjr, this picture was on a costume party i went as an Aeroplane pilot commander :)

I'm an electronic engineer. hehehehhehe

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Gabriel:
Welcome to the forum! We're glad you're here.
You got lucky with this one, sport. Higher end Comoy's seconds are on the rise again. If you paid 25 GBP then that's around 35 USD, a bit high here in the States but certainly within an acceptable range.
When I got serious about piping years ago, money was tight so I built up a nice rotation buying estate burners that were seconds from the better known production houses.
This list was invaluable to me: http://www.pipes.org/wp-content/uploads/Articles/Seconds.html Over the years most of my seconds have been replaced by better pipes but I've still got a few that see plenty of action: two Savinelli Estellas and a pair of Tinder Box Uniques made by Charatan. (I still grab them when I can catch a good buy: they'll get scrubbed, polished and either flipped or gifted to friends.)
You've also done well figuring out how to post pix here, FNG. It was months before I tried and, damn, that was a long evening.
You've done well.
Fnord

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. I think you are taking the right approach, doing some research and ordering a pipe and tobacco selectively. That's the way to learn. The pipe looks good, a handsome shape, and in quite good condition. Likewise, Frog Morton blends are widely popular and I think you'll enjoy it.

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
What a beauty! I love the shape, the grain is quite attractive, and I've never seen a band (if you can call it that!) like the one on yours! Congrats, and enjoy! :D

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Lovely grain. I like the weight of those too. Easy to clinch which I cant do with most of my pipes. Great driving or working pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.