PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
So on my way home from work today I just happened to pass by Rich's Cigar Store in downtown Portland, OR, so of course I just had to go in. And there, in the display case that I entirely coincidentally walked right up to (resilutely), was a pipe I had seen a couple of weeks ago, haunting my dreams ever since, now begging me to take it home. I had just totally randomly had the thought that if it was still there, I'd perhaps consider buying it. I'm a weak man. :rolleyes:

It is a Peterson Deluxe Classic 408 with a sterling silver band and gorgeous grain. Normally $250, it was on sale at 50% off. I also had a gift certificate which I was able to apply. All told, I paid $105. Since I'm beginning my year of residency, I figure it will be a good companion for me in the upcoming months...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Very nice!!! Sometimes I miss PAD, but I think my wallet lost its voice screaming.

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Thanks everyone! I couldn't pass it up. I was a little worried about what my wife was going to say, but when I got home and before I brought it up she told me in a very guilty manner that she had spent even more on clothes and shoes, so then she couldn't complain! Lol

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thanks everyone! I couldn't pass it up. I was a little worried about what my wife was going to say, but when I got home and before I brought it up she told me in a very guilty manner that she had spent even more on clothes and shoes, so then she couldn't complain! Lol
<you did well ,the price was right,You ought to have that beauty, couldn't pass on this one ,it was more than a right move Sir,sometimes theres simply no room for a second chance,even if our funds dosen't allow anything extras acquisitions, I know this all alone,,

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Except for the P-lip, you've make an exceptional investment. But I'm prejudiced; Most of my pipes are Peterson. But sometimes a pipe just screams your name.

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
How do you like the p-lip?

I have one other Pete that has a P-lip and I like it. For some reason it's easier to clench for me, and I like how it doesn't fry my tongue. My wife always laughs at it though because she thinks it looks like a certain member of the male anatomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.