PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
My New Year's resolution was to do a lot less "impulse buying" this year (we'll see how that works out!) and instead focus on building a few seven day sets. I had several Peterson XL21 and picked that shape to build on. I like the way they smoke and although they are only offered in a limited number of ranges there are enough to make an interesting set. The Captain Pete is 5 of 7.

Reactions: SpookedPiper
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Monk. I'm thinking a Sherlock Holmes Hudson which is a XL21 shape and the same size as the Captain Pete, maybe in a sandblast. The last one will depend on what becomes available but a Supreme would be nice. The Kinsale line also has the XL21 and maybe something in a rusticated finish. That would give the set three Army style mounts, three standard type bits and a spigot for Sundays. All seven would have a different look but be the same shape. Keep a lookout for me!!! Dutch

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Very nice Dutch!
Either a Hudson, a Squire or a Baker Street will be nice if you are thinking SH.
I love my Squire and I'm waiting for a Baker Street meer to arrive next week. Love that shape.
Cheers,
J

Jan 8, 2013
Very nice! I keep meaning to get one of those Captain Petes in the XL90 shape. I was just looking the other day, and they didn't have one in stock. I should have grabbed one the last time I saw one.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Anthony, My understanding is that Capt. Petes are now made exclusively for Cup O'Joe. They can probably order one for you. Send them a note. The worst they can say is no. Dutch

Nice selection for the upcoming XL21's Dutch, but IMHO I really can't justify the retail cost for Sherlock Holmes series. For the supreme, you can contact Glen at the Dublin shop, I am sure he can hook you up with a Supreme. If I had extra cash lying around I would bug him till he got me a Supreme with silver cap or silver spigot ;)
Cheers,

Chris

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Let's resurrect one, show us your Peterson Bulldogs, Rhodesians or Peterson interpretations ?
Any of these gents still in the house? ( about the time I started lurking)
Here's one of mine:

Reactions: UncleRasta

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Here’s my only Captain Pete XL 155.
The stem is a crappy replacement (long story).34543455