PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Anyone have any word on when these will be hitting the shelves?

lighter-range-big.jpg

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
Surfmac i can't be sure but i think they're already out over here in the UK.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I hope they're convenient for right-handed people. I have an Old Boy knock-off, and if you're

right-handed it's really awkward to use. The design of the Old Boy should have been a mirror

image of what it is. :roll: I'm glad I didn't pop for the price of a genuine Old Boy.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Nothing "left handed" about old boys, or at least none that I've found. Mine works fine right-handed.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Are there any mechanical differances between these Peterson lighters pictured above and these three: ThisVertigo , this IM Corona Classico or this Sillem's Old Boy
I might be willing to buy one if it has an open fill point. My last “nice” lighter required the removal of a screw each time I needed a refill and I will not purchase another lighter with that feature.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I hope they're convenient for right-handed people. I have an Old Boy knock-off, and if you're

right-handed it's really awkward to use. The design of the Old Boy should have been a mirror

image of what it is. [:roll:] I'm glad I didn't pop for the price of a genuine Old Boy.
Now you know our pain with...well...pretty much everything else in this world. Oh, what I would give for Flanders Leftorium. :| (closest smiley to "Whistful")
Any idea of a price point from our brothers across the pond? I've had my eye on a Dunhill lighter that is similar to the chrome finish pictured, but I am having issues justifying the $300 asked...

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I might be willing to buy one if it has an open fill point. My last “nice” lighter required the removal of a screw each time I needed a refill and I will not purchase another lighter with that feature.
All you need to do is lose the screw! I usually do that anyway without even trying.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bigvan said:
Nothing "left handed" about old boys, or at least none that I've found. Mine works fine right-handed.

Really? 8O

I flick the flint wheel with my thumb, so the flame is on the back-hand side of the lighter, so I have to spin

the body of the lighter around to direct the flame. Not impossible, but like I said, "awkward". Maybe I should

develop some other technique, like using my index finger on the flint wheel.
My solution: a Zippo with a soft flame gas insert. (That's a right-handed lighter too! :lol: )

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Any idea of a price point from our brothers across the pond?
From what i can find out Peterson have started shipping these to dealers in the UK and they should be availale sometime in August at around the £60 mark.
I love the look of them but not sure if i'll get one. My zippo works just fine at the moment

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
If I didn't have an Old Boy then maybe. I got one of their zippos and it never worked right. I think I'll stick to the Old Boy.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
From what I understand its going to be a better price point than the Old Boys. When they come out I'll pick one up and let yall know how they work. And cortez I share your pain with my present old boy I have just gotten used to it.

Jun 17, 2011
i wouldnt mind getting one of those, they look nice, should function the same i hope..... all depends on the price point.... my bic is sure tough to beat haha

Status
Not open for further replies.