New Peterson Pipe Lighters

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

smoker

Jun 25, 2011
Surfmac i can't be sure but i think they're already out over here in the UK.

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I hope they're convenient for right-handed people. I have an Old Boy knock-off, and if you're

right-handed it's really awkward to use. The design of the Old Boy should have been a mirror

image of what it is. :roll: I'm glad I didn't pop for the price of a genuine Old Boy.

bigvan

Preferred Member
Mar 22, 2011
Nothing "left handed" about old boys, or at least none that I've found. Mine works fine right-handed.

menckenite

Preferred Member
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Are there any mechanical differances between these Peterson lighters pictured above and these three: ThisVertigo , this IM Corona Classico or this Sillem's Old Boy
I might be willing to buy one if it has an open fill point. My last “nice” lighter required the removal of a screw each time I needed a refill and I will not purchase another lighter with that feature.

schmitzbitz

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I hope they're convenient for right-handed people. I have an Old Boy knock-off, and if you're

right-handed it's really awkward to use. The design of the Old Boy should have been a mirror

image of what it is. [:roll:] I'm glad I didn't pop for the price of a genuine Old Boy.
Now you know our pain with...well...pretty much everything else in this world. Oh, what I would give for Flanders Leftorium. :| (closest smiley to "Whistful")
Any idea of a price point from our brothers across the pond? I've had my eye on a Dunhill lighter that is similar to the chrome finish pictured, but I am having issues justifying the $300 asked...

zunismoke

Nov 3, 2010
NC
I might be willing to buy one if it has an open fill point. My last “nice” lighter required the removal of a screw each time I needed a refill and I will not purchase another lighter with that feature.
All you need to do is lose the screw! I usually do that anyway without even trying.

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bigvan said:
Nothing "left handed" about old boys, or at least none that I've found. Mine works fine right-handed.
Really? 8O

I flick the flint wheel with my thumb, so the flame is on the back-hand side of the lighter, so I have to spin

the body of the lighter around to direct the flame. Not impossible, but like I said, "awkward". Maybe I should

develop some other technique, like using my index finger on the flint wheel.
My solution: a Zippo with a soft flame gas insert. (That's a right-handed lighter too! :lol: )

julesholling

Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Any idea of a price point from our brothers across the pond?
From what i can find out Peterson have started shipping these to dealers in the UK and they should be availale sometime in August at around the £60 mark.
I love the look of them but not sure if i'll get one. My zippo works just fine at the moment

juni

Preferred Member
Mar 9, 2010
If I didn't have an Old Boy then maybe. I got one of their zippos and it never worked right. I think I'll stick to the Old Boy.

surfmac211

Preferred Member
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
From what I understand its going to be a better price point than the Old Boys. When they come out I'll pick one up and let yall know how they work. And cortez I share your pain with my present old boy I have just gotten used to it.

ontariopipeguy

Jun 17, 2011
i wouldnt mind getting one of those, they look nice, should function the same i hope..... all depends on the price point.... my bic is sure tough to beat haha