PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Even though I did not have much money for a pipe, I saw this pipe on Ebay and made a bid. I did not think I would win but I did. Thankfully, it arrived while my wife was at work and I won't have to buy her something to offset my pipe spending.
It was made and sold on ebay by pipe maker Tim Thorpe. It is from his "Gatsby Line". Seems like a good value overall. They usually run in the $100- $150 range. I haven't smoked it yet. The Fit and Finish aren't perfect (the drilling seems good and it passes a pipe cleaner) but it was a inexpensive pipe, especially for a handmade pipe. I might do a little finish work on it myself before I smoke it.
3-600x450.jpg

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
have you had a chance to smoke this one yet? I'm interested on how his pipes smoke.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Thankfully, it arrived while my wife was at work and I won't have to buy her something to offset my pipe spending.
Glad I'm not the only one who has these thoughts. I've been busted the last few times...maybe we should look into PO boxes! :puffy:

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
have you had a chance to smoke this one yet? I'm interested on how his pipes smoke.
I have not smoked it yet, I am trying to decide to do some work on it before I smoke it. I am certain that it will be a fine smoker. It is a straight pipe with a wide open draw and easily passes a pipe cleaner. Not much to go wrong. With some of the fit and finish things I mentioned above I would be slightly more concerned with a bent pipe but not enough to keep me from buying another, especially for the price I paid.
Glad I'm not the only one who has these thoughts. I've been busted the last few times...maybe we should look into PO boxes!
A couple months ago I posted a TAD order on Instagram and my wife saw it. A pedicure appointment was promptly made (and it was not for me)

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Be thankful it was only a pedicure appointment. My wife tries to insist on another dog when I make a pipe purchase. Fortunately, our house is only big enough for five smaller ones (beagles/bassets) so that works out in my favor. Thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.