PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
Well I finally scored a Trypis Pipe. In my search for Canadian pipe makes Trypis was defiantly on the list. I am not sure on the age of this, But it has a Sterling silver ring, marked "made in Canada" "11". I cleaned it up, can't wait to give it a smoke this weekend.
Here is a breif history of Trypis from Seles Pipes:
"Phillip Trypis has been a pipe maker in Canada for well over 40 years. Originally from Greece, his experience ranges from cutting burls in a briar mill to making literally thousands of pipes out of his home in the hamlet of Oakwood, Ontario. Brigham pipes benefited from Phillip's skills where he worked for a number of years. There he directed the pipe production of the company when it was producing over 50,000 a year. Even though he left to start his own pipe shop, he still imported briar and turned tens of thousands of bowls for Brigham not to mention produce a large number of his own branded pipes."
photo.JPG

photo1.JPG

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Congrats on the pipe, and thanks for posting the pix and background on Trypis. It is quite a surprise to see the p-lip stem. I thought it was a proprietary design.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
It might HAVE been. I have a couple other pipes similar to a Peterson, and they have P-lip as well. On the bottom of this mouthpiece is "France". So not even made in Ireland.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Nice looking pipe. Hope it smokes well for you. It's amazing how many makers there are out there. Seems like I learn of s new one every day

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice pipe. As for the "P"-lip design I have a Dr. Plumb from 1977 with a "P"-lip stem. I can only surmize that if Peterson had a patent on the design it ran out many years ago.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
I have a few Trypis pipes, and can't ever complain about the quality. You find one pop up on ebay every now and then, and usually pretty moderately priced. Nice pipes for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.