PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
?

I was following the pattern of going someplace in the snow uphill both ways. In the 80s Bill Cosby had a stand up special called "Himself" where he said his father told him that's how he had to go to school. The chocolate cake and grapefruit juice was when he was trying to figure out what to make his daughter for breakfast.
The funniest stand up I've ever seen to date. Last time I saw himself, was probably 15 years ago. And I still think about it every once and a while. Theres eggs in chocolate cake! Breakfast!

• Haha
Reactions: Chasing Embers

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Used to be a new member every day or two/three. Now we seem to get several every day. It's like the land rush. I hope you all stick around and post and participate, which makes it all worthwhile. This may not be Facebook ... but then again.
I know what your talking about, I notice it too. Also, the intro threads, last much longer. They used to get only a couple responses, but now full blown 3 page conversations go on!

David_Lawrence

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2019
My guess? Pipes are having a resurgence and millennials like using the internet to tell them how to live their lives instead of just living them.

At 34, whether or not I'm a "millennial" depends on who you ask (no, if you ask my millennial hating friend of the same age, I think you'd get on!) but do you not think it's the other way around? Pipe smoking is having a resurgence therefore 'internet' rather than 'internet' therefore pipe smoking resurgence?

Honestly I don't even know how this 'internet dictates lifestyle' theory works but I won't put too much thought into it, unless you'd like to go first of course! Vaping is what's cool, any young person smoking a pipe is very much choosing their own path.

I was turned on to pipe smoking back in 2013, I just didn't try it at the time. I really just enjoyed watching videos from the pipe smoking YouTube community because I enjoy smaller hobby communities where the spirit of early 'regular people, no frills' YouTube lives on.

I knew nothing of this apparent resurgence until I spotted a few pipes in a local pawn shop and the owner told me they're becoming quite popular again. My journey here came from nasal snuff to snus and then to pipes instead of vaping. I would confidently suggest that every individual has their own story, following the rule of 'If it's how you think/behave then it's probably how strangers do too' rather than the mindless millennial theory :rolleyes:.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Whatever it is (and yes I’ve noticed the uptick in the ‘new member intros’) we need it.

The more weight we can bring to bear on the FDA’s deeming tobacco legislation the better. Additionally, I feel that our shared love of pipes bridges generation gaps, from the “Boomers” and us “Gen-X’ers” to the “Millennials.”

Which bears adding: if some of you new folks aren’t aware, please peruse the ‘Tobacco Legislation’ sub-forum! There’s some heavy weather ahead.

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.