PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I am in my 20s and I got into the hobby last year. I was actually inspired by my little brother, who started researching pipes while he was in high school. (Right before he turned 18 our state government changed the age to buy tobacco products from 18 to 21. He was livid.)

So yes, from what I can see there is a bit of a pipe smoking renaissance going on. I met another guy in college who is a pipe smoker as well, age 23. And of course I’ve met other young pipe smokers just from being at cigar lounges.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Hell, the way I see it is it’s kinda like that neighbors house (you know, THAT neighbors house) where the grandpa lives with the son and his wife and their toddlers are running around out in the lawn with the dog digging holes :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bengel

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I lurked for such a long time, in part, because the old site was so archaic. I overcame that objection though, just before the new site kicked in...and I’m glad I did. My timing was poor in some ways but excellent in others.

Dusk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2019
Undah Da Sea
I found this forum just before the upgrade and lurked for a while to glean what I could. The upgrade made it much easier to use on my phone where I typically browse things. Forums have been referenced in vids I watched that initially got me interested in pipes. Without them, I honestly don't think I would have bothered and just stuck with rolling my own cigs, but I did what I could to learn on my own. It's an activity that is essentially extinct around my area but I like smoking and just wanted to find a better way to enjoy it. I try to intro smokers to pipes in hopes of supporting this hobby and the industry behind it.

Welp, it's back to lurking and smoking. Just thought I'd pop into an mso thread puffy.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Hey, ...… Can't see through ya, Your letting all of the heat out! Shut the door! Take your hat off in the house! Chew with your mouth closed!

Ok, I've got it all out of my system. :)

Welcome aboard all. Young and old. Everyone has interesting things to add to the conversation.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Gald dern you whipper snappers, get off my lawn. Dang younger generation, trying to take over my forum ?. I going out to milk the cow and chop some wood. You better not be here when I get back or I'll make you smoke Haunted Bookshop until you puke.

I sure do feel sorry for those of us here who had to walk to the baccy shop in the snow. Uphill. Both ways. ?

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Hell, the way I see it is it’s kinda like that neighbors house (you know, THAT neighbors house) where the grandpa lives with the son and his wife and their toddlers are running around out in the lawn with the dog digging holes :ROFLMAO:
Ok.......my analogy’s are even lost on myself sometimes but seriously, it’s all of us under one roof. So welcome to all who love this pastime regardless of age or background!

Status
Not open for further replies.