PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotjazzbaby

Lurker
Nov 30, 2018
Ahoy my name is Bill. I am 28 years old. I started smoking cigars and pipes when i was 15, but within several years i was smoking cigarettes and had given up the finer tobaccos. Ten years on and I am ready to give up cigarettes and transition back to the pipe, Which I have been doing over the last several weeks. I mostly smoke English blends and don't care for aromatics.
I collect/sell antiques with my particular interest being in Chinese porcelain. Old Jewelry has been my obsession lately, (and pipes of course) I am setting up a silver bench for the crafting of silver jewelry and maybe now pipe fittings.
Anyhow, I have have been reading the forums for a while now and I am glad to be hear. Thank you

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome to the forums!
I gave up cigarettes 30 years ago. One of the best decisions I ever made. I sure enjoy my pipe though.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
Howdy, friend, I'm quite new to the forums as well, but never too new to say hello. My tobacco story runs sort of similar with yours. I started off rolling my own cigarettes (with hand blended premium, real tobacco or Stokkebye blends) and smoking a corncob for a few years, then somehow transitioned into only smoking cigarettes (both rolling and pre-packaged) for a long, long time, and have only took up the pipe again in the past 1-2 years, and since then I can count the cigarettes I've smoked on one hand!
I don't know too much about jewelry or Chinese porcelain, but I do have a deep love for all things antiquarian. I collect books, typewriters, pipes, knives and swords, anything nautical, military, or literary... I find so many treasures collecting dust at thrift sales for a few bucks. I work construction and recently was working on a renewal project at Plymouth Rock in Massachusetts, where I found tons of old ceramic, glass, porcelain and earthenware chips and intact items buried in the ground, even an old rusty horseshoe that could be hundreds of years old! I don't sell anything, though, so am happy to just decorate my wall with them and play guessing games as to their true age and history. But I'm rambling, as I tend to do. Welcome, though!

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
Welcome and hopefully you can kick the cigs for good. There are so many incredible pipe tobaccos less the chemicals in cigs. Cheers.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome Bill. I smoke English blends most often and I enjoy some aromatics...holiday blends, Rattrays Exotic Passion and Sutliff Molto Dolce.

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
Good decision to switch from cigarettes to pipes. The hard part is giving up the habit of inhaling. Took me a couple of decades to do that. I eventually had to go cold turkey and stop smoking all together for a while before returning to the pipe and not feeling the need to inhale. I now enjoy it much more because, now, I'm smoking for enjoyment rather than to get a fix.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.