ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Time for a new string in 2017.
Welcome to all new members.
Please introduce yourself to everybody.

We all look forward to your comments, pictures, questions.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
My name is Nate. I'm 25 and from a private island near Antigua. I'm independently wealthy and have my own tobacco plantation and a staff who sees to all the property's affairs and satisfies my personal requirements and desires. I live here with my wives most of the year, but spend winters in my mountain estate in Montana. I'm honored to be a new forum member.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Hello folks. I'm a genetically engineered cat that smokes tobacco, drinks scotch, and types on internet forums. My exact species (as trinomial nomenclature) is below my avatar. I like VaPers, VaBurs, some lat blends, and straight Virginias such as SG FVF.
I do not own a Porsche.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hi, new guy here. Just recently took up the pipe, and was wandering if it is normal for the pipe to start talking to you?
img_20170117_022153-600x400.jpg

cbates55

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2017
Me%201.JPG

New here and enjoying the site, here I am with my recently bought pipe... It's one beautifully restored by pipesbywhinty.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
I've not actually made an "introduction" post anywhere, but I think folks have probably started to get the measure of me anyway to some extent.
British, mid 40s, and skint. I put more tobacco up my nose than in my pipe, and have no interest in collecting, hoarding, cellaring or chasing grails. Cheap pipes, fine tobaccos, and a box of matches are all I need. Some days it might be 4 or 5 bowls, but sometimes I'll go weeks without.
Favourite tobaccos include Squadron Leader, Coniston Cut Plug U/S, Condor Long Cut, and the "Lucky Dip" of Pensioners Mixture. Haven't explored many blends yet, only been at the pipe three years. Currently smoking around 100g a month, but aiming for 50g monthly.
My most smoked pipes (out of an array of 10) are actually a Mizzou cob, and a MM Ozark Cherrywood. My briars, clays and other cobs get used too, but those two cheapos handle probably 75% of the smokes. They just work!

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Wow, what a depressing bunch of people! Except N8, I like him. BTW, I sure could use a vacation on a nice island!
if it is normal for the pipe to start talking to you
Pretty normal, Duane, just as long as you don't start talking back to it. :mrgreen:

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
Hello from Texas Boys and Girls,
Never been a big poster on forums. Was pretty much a lurker on Smokers Forums since I found it. Have monitored other forums including this one off and on.
I have a collection of 45 pipes or so. About a 3rd are what I consider an actual collection. I collect pipes that bear any Walt Disney markings and had the pleasure to meet Brian Levine at the KC pipe show a few years back. He started the FB page dedicated to Walt Disney tobacco related products after. He was gracious enough to allow me to showcase my small collection there. The others range from a few no names on up to Dunhill, Talbert, Prevost and a very recent Larrysson.
I took a break from pipes for awhile and REALLY got into cigars. Monte #2s would have to be my favorite when I can get them. A big fan of My Father, Camacho, Diesl and La Perla.
Pipe Tobacco wise, I like English blends predominately. I have been a home brewer for several years and am a fan of anything craft brewed. I am a vet of the US Air Force and had the privilege to travel the world while serving. Since then I have taught 3rd graders. Married to a teacher with 3 great kids and live in the North Dallas area.

smokindreams

Lurker
Feb 21, 2017
Hello Folks!
Im fairly new to pipe smoking I started just a few months ago. I have been using Corncob pipes my favorite style being A churchwarden, I started smoking mostly aromatics and recently ordered a large order of tobacco and pipes!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
scrumpy- thanks for the informative post! Keep on de-lurking! :)
smokin' - Welcome to the forums. I didn't know MMs came in churchwarden lengths! I learn something every day here.

Status
Not open for further replies.