PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawp

Lurker
Jul 15, 2019
Fellow pipe smokers
I have been working on some very bad shape pipes I got to practice restorations techniques, here is another sample, this pipe was filthy, with a lot of oxidation in the stem plus a lava rim, after cleaned it up, reamed the bowl, cleaned the rim and polisshed the stem, it started to grown on me despite the fact that it came as a complement with another pipe I bought and at the beginning I did not like too much.
I decided then I will try a new thing on this one something to give it a little more light, I talked to a jeweler friend of mine in orther to fab a silver band just for fun a no more than an aesthetic purposes.
I guess it comes pretty nice, what do you guys think ?

mawp

Lurker
Jul 15, 2019
didimauw thanks for the words, a couple of pic after the first clean, as I said when I got it she did not tell me anything and like the ugly duck tale I did not pay too much attention at first.

mawp

Lurker
Jul 15, 2019
But I have to ask, as a VW guy, what is that book about?
Mike what can I say, once you was bit by the Bug you are always a VW man hahaha, I have been involveld with VW for a long now, and had have three bugs, a couple of Westfalias and a '58 KG, by now I just keep my faithful '65 Sedan de Luxe (in a solw restoration mode).
In the back of the first pic is a black book " Project 928"the history of the making of the Porsche 928 not a air cooled but in the family sort of speak

Status
Not open for further replies.