PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Very neat job, second time around. Well done. I was going to compliment you first time round. Then I noticed the ghastly ripples on the capstan lid, so I kept quiet.

Extremely neat & professional, you've redeemed yourself sir. Top show!

Simon.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well done drezz!!

This is even awesomer than the first time you did it.

I may have to give it a try myself and see if I can make it happen without screwing it up. :puffy:

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
That looks great! I've been thinking of trying something like this, since I smoke sparingly I always jar immediately so it would be nice to have such nice looking jars. As of now i just scotch tape what I manage to find on the Internet. I buy in bulk.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
You did a great job Drezz. I watch Muttnchop Piper's videos from time to time, he gives lots of good advice and ideas. I also watched that second video when it came out for the first time and I was amazed by the thought. I am not cellaring right now, however I am totally going to use the same method in the future. Thanks for improving the idea and sharing it with us.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Brilliant. I'd like to save some of the art from the side of tins before it all goes to grim warnings and stark label lettering. A collage of those could be a fine frame-up. Whether I'll have the patience, the idea seems primo.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I just print tin-art image files on normal paper with max dimensions no more than 2.5" and then use permanent paste to put them on my favored wide-mouthed mason jar lids. Not as much lid-coverage nor as fancy, but does the job quickly, easily, and inexpensively, and at least keeps the tin art tradition alive in my cellar. OR I just cut out the best part of the tin label and paste on that when they fit.(Easy on C&D, GLP, etc tins... not so on the hockey-puck tins)

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Drezz01: Thanks for the tin art. Great work, and much appreciated. I'll use the uploaded art on my jars now. As the man sais, you rock!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Drezz01: Thanks for the tin art. Great work, and much appreciated. I'll use the uploaded art on my jars now. As the man sais, you rock!

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
No problem gents, better than them just sitting on my computer! If you get a chance, I'd try to find a better image of the Escudo art. Most of the labels turned out pretty well but for some reason this one is a little soft. The Meat Pie label could suffer to be sharper as well.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
WOW....nice job on the labels drezz.

There's a few there that I will be able to use.

Thanks brother. :puffy:

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Sooooo it turns out I deleted the files off dropbox to make space without realizing that those were the only files I had. Woops.... Did anyone happen to download them? Not a huge loss but I was hoping to send them to mrgunnar.

Status
Not open for further replies.