PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
We often bring on problems by being inconsiderate to others. That being said, today we are confronted with a host of people who get butt hurt over any and everything. Just be situationally aware and don't be stupid.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Cigarette smokers could, but don't, grind the cigarette out and carry it home in a pocket
I do not grind out my cigarette under foot. I flick the cherry off, check for burn with my finger tips, then put the butt in my pocket to be disposed of at home or in the nearest trash receptacle. The majority of cigarette smokers however are no different than any other segment of society. Most people are pigs when it comes to maintaining the area around them. Most still think their mother or some low-level, government functionary follows them around picking after them.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Once you've been caught by a Command Sergeant Major dropping a butt on the ground, and spent the next several weekends in full parade gear on the Post Exchange parking lot telling people not to litter, you become much more respectful of the area around you. Or, so I hear... :lol:
jay-roger.jpg

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Imagine how shocked I was that they have one of the oldest tobacco shops in the heart of one of the oldest cities and a deflated ball throw away is a historic park where I was going to sit and smoke the oldest blend they had to offer. However, I was unable to live out this dream because of a smoking ban. Mind you, this is more a walking/sitting park, and a small cemetery attached to it. What a waste!
There is a reason I left the east coast and will never return (voluntarily)!
map-600x366.jpg

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
Whining about second hand smoke outside in a place like a park is ridiculous. If I'm in a crowd outside, I do try to get off by myself before I light up. A little consideration might keep things from getting too bad too quickly.
I was at a local park last summer attending a Celtic music and craft/art festival thing. I meandered off to the side of the stage to get out of the crowd and smoke. It was a windy day and I had to find a little nook to get my pipe lit, and it took a while. When I stepped out I noticed a police officer watching me intently from a distance. When I settled back and let him get a good look at what I was doing he smiled and went on walking. Just worried that I was lighting some reefer, I guess.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Hopefully that crap stays up there. I’ll continue to enjoy smoking at the beach in FL when I go. And dump my ash in the sand.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Whining about second hand smoke outside in a place like a park is ridiculous. If I'm in a crowd outside, I do try to get off by myself before I light up. A little consideration might keep things from getting too bad too quickly.
Good points. Especially if the park borders a road where, you know, vehicles emit lovely stuff to inhale.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
I find that the smell/smoke/fumes of over-sized diesel trucks are nauseating and much prefer the smell of Latakia! I agree that people who run through the park next to such roads never complain about the trucks, buses and old cars but God forbid you stroll through with a bowl of Lane 1-Q!!!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
^ It's an amazing but common sight to see someone jogging down a sidewalk on a street with very heavy traffic.
It speaks volumes about human nature because they don't even think to jog elsewhere away from traffic simply because that thought has not been programmed into them. But there's a good chance that the same person would freak out around tobacco smoke.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
This old thread was revived by someone with only one post and it links to what I must assume is a suspicious web page. Not sure how to report that. See "marcf" above.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Seldom, you can PM a mod or Kevin. Include the URL of the offending post. The hash mark at the bottom of the post is the link to that post. Like this: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/new-jersey-beach-smoking-ban#post-1319859

Status
Not open for further replies.