Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
At the upcoming Chicago show, on May 1st, Mac Baren will introduce their new HH Latakia Flake. Also on that same day, PipesMagazine.com will publish the first-ever review of it, and Brian will have an exclusive interview with Per Jensen on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show to talk about this fantastic new HH blend.
In the meantime, here's a little fun we had with the photoshoot.
hh-latakia-flake-fire-725.jpg

Mac Baren's description of HH Latakia Flake:
This is a hot pressed flake tobacco, meaning that during the pressing steam is added to mature the tobacco further and to ensure a mellow smoking experience. A blend of bright Virginias, spicy Orient, a bit of burley, and a fair amount of Cyprus Latakia is the foundation of HH Latakia Flake.
The taste is complex with the smoky note from Latakia in the front seat, the subtle sweetness from the Virginias working in the back, and the mellow spiciness from the Orientals popping up from time to time, creating an intimate interplay where all tobaccos play their role and contribute to this unique smoking experience.
HH Latakia Flake has very little casing and no top flavour at all. The only taste you will experience is the natural taste from the tobaccos used.
A mellow, yet satisfying tobacco, with a lot of nice, smoky aroma.
Only available in USA at the moment.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
As I was the first person in the U.S. to taste test it, I'll be posting the first review in just a moment. I enjoy smoking it quite a bit.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
If you click on the link on Facebook is says "Only available in USA at the moment."

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
Has anyone who has tried this stuff liked it enough to purchase it in the 16oz box that just became available? After being on the market for six months or so, I haven't heard too many people raving about it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Beezer: I have several tins of it, and a little over a pound in bulk. I see some people on other forums smoke it, and I noticed the free samples that MacBaren was giving away at the Richmond show were requested just as much as the new Modern Virginia flake and loose cut were. They told me that it was selling well, and more than that, I dunno.

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Actually, I have heard quite a few people on this forum talk about it lately. I haven't heard anything negative, and I for one love it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Flintlock John: Try this: http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/mac-baren/index.cfm
Or specifically: http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/mac-baren/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=158877

Status
Not open for further replies.