PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose97

Lurker
Jun 6, 2018
Howdy - just smoked my first pipe last weekend. I have smoked the rare cigar over the last several years, but the wife HATES the smell. She likes the smell of pipe smoke, so giving this a try. I live outside Ft Wayne, Indiana & bought a corncob for my first pipe and some cherry blossom and vanilla black Cavendish tobacco. Tried the cherry blossom first. Looking forward to learning more from you guys

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Send Hoosierpipeguy a message, he sends newbies a starter pipe and a few ounces of each Esoterica blend to try.

opus777

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 12, 2018
Welcome moose, its a great hobby trying different blends in different pipes and then collecting both!

moose97

Lurker
Jun 6, 2018
Thanks for the welcome. Any recommendations on lighters? I'm not too shy - will fire off a PM to hoosierpipeguy

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Dang, hpg, you're livery this morning. Go get some EMP & chilleth. [evul grin]
Welcome, howdy, hello, & all that good stuff, moose! Not a Hoosier myself, but could probably pass for one (Lou-uh-vul's home, but I'm in SC these days.)
You'll like it here -- a varied mix of very serious types, some middling serious, some kinda-sorta-"normal," & the lunatic fringe. Watch out for chasingembers; he's nuts, but mostly harmless. We let him out on weekends. :lol:
Seriously, we're all always glad to help (or at least try to!). Ask any questions you want, but be aware that you'll probably get conflicting answers a lot of the time. A whole heap of this pipe stuff is incredibly subjective, so follow what works for you & know that whatever that may be, somebody else will agree with you. :)
Bill

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to the party moose! It is certainly a lively bunch here. The lunatic fringe ain't to be afraid of. We're practically normal compared to other people.
Ask all the questions you like, nothing is dumb or stupid, and even if it's been asked before, these guys restrict their will to bash you over the head with a freehand briar. (Mostly cause they might damage their briar). Speak up when you got a question need askin' and these guys will flock to your aid and lend a helping hand. Huge wealth of knowledge here!

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Welcome to the forum, Moose. As far as lighters go, I use good old-fashioned Bics.

Status
Not open for further replies.