PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You can have a moist tobacco in a shag cut and it will smoke effortlessly.
Though it won't have the depth of flavor it will have if dried.
I'm very happy to see this new blend from Greg. I'm assuming that it's pretty interesting or he wouldn't have bothered. I'm looking forward to tasting what Greg hath wrought when my order comes in.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Ram74 said "I thought Greg was retired? Did he actually blend this?" Interesting there is not a mention of this new blend (that I was on either Greg's Facebook or his home page.
Mike S.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
I asked Greg the same question today and he said. It is his baby....a long time in the making, but well worth it. He also said he’s been keeping it quiet and some timing things caught him by surprise but he was glad it was ready by the IPCPR show. He will get a write up on his website when he gets back to California.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Great news, jon11. One of my favorite things about GLP is the connection between those blends and their creator. I love smoking GLP blends, but I also love to read GLP writing about his blends and what he was going for.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I am enjoying this blend. Only had 2 bowls so far. I like packing a shag a little tighter then normal. Perfect moisture out of the tin, no relights. Virginia’s are excellent but I expect that. The Perique is great on the retrohale, seems like a fair amount in this blend. Kentucky is barely present for me. Looking forward to spending more time with it.
Plus great tin art without a warning label!

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
Pretty tasty stuff. Burned a cob full with no relights. Flavor reminds me of Royal Yacht without a topping.

Garageboy, It will feel like you are packing tighter, but still check the draw to make sure you aren't over-packing it. Shag allows more air to pass, so you have to press harder to get the bowl at the same density that you may be used to with a regular ribbon cut.

There are a few shags that I enjoy. The cut definitely affects the flavors. Some I like, some not so much. YMMV

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Just finished my tin. I am not sure I had a red Virginia in a shag cut before. I really enjoyed it, should age nicely. I would stay with a more narrow chambered bowl, did not care for it at all in my wide ones. I will stock up when it is on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.