PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Which cobb do you recommend? The only pipe i currently have is a churchill regant freehand but it seems kinda small bowl wise thanks for the welcome and the great advice so far :)

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
A Missouri Meerschaum Legend is the classic place to start with cobs, you can probably still get one at Rite Aid if you don't wanna wait for online.
I, as well, am a converted cigarette smoker. I smoked 'em from the day I was born 'til the day I found Mac Baren's HH Bold Kentucky. Now I can't even smoke them if i try. I'll bum one on the jobsite and I can't even bring myself to inhale. I inhaled once, and my throat was on fire (and that's a throat that smoked 2 packs a day, full flavor, since grade school), and now anything besides American Spirit tastes like death, and even American Spirit just tastes like a super dry, bulk Virginia that's burning way too hot.
I gotta warn you though, if you're planning that switching to a pipe is gonna save you any money... Just run. Run very far away from these people, and don't let any of them look you in the eye.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Ok will look into cobbs thanks for advice. The money i dont mind my lungs are already showing they appreciate it :)

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
Welcome, mechanic.
Good decision to switch from cigarettes to pipes. The hard part is giving up the habit of inhaling. If you do that, you will enjoy the pipe even more because you'll be smoking for enjoyment rather than for a nicotine fix.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Yes im working on the not inhaling part i do it sometimes without even realizing i guess my cig brain wanting the nic finally got the can of gaslight i ordered luckily whoevers house usps dropped it at didnt smoke pipe and returned it to me thanks again for the welcome and advice im reading through forums lot of great info

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
I used to live in danville va we had a tobacco warehouse near by that during the off season you could get a membership to go play basketball they had lots of full court setups the tin note of the gaslight reminds me of the smell of that place takes be back :) was called neals warehouse

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Well biggest nc city im about 2 mins from danville va stokesdale not to far away i dont think is that guilford county ?

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Those are fighting words lol my sister acually got married at the southerlin mansion a couple years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.