crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
20170306_144252-600x337.jpg
20170306_144401-600x337.jpg
20170306_144717-600x337.jpg
I am very excited to own another Tim Thorpe. This time, it is the new finish that pulled me in. He has spent the past 3 or so years developing this technique. All I know is that it takes days to get this driftwood, or "beachwood" as driftwood is found on the beach, finish. It's hard to photograph, and I am not a photographer, but I tried to capture the complexity of the patterns. It feels really interesting in the hand and looks incredibly unique. So far as I know, he's the only US pipe maker doing this, and I have seen very little like it anywhere in the world. It's definitely one of the coolest finishes that I have seen, and I'll probably get at least another one soon. I won't comment on the smoking qualities, as Tim doesn't let a poor smoking pipe out of his shop, and eleven years in the industry guarantees that.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I've been an excited viewer on his instagram. That is a super cool finish. I bet the feel of it is awesome. Great acquisition!

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
It really is, alexnorth. I wish I could show everyone in person. It is definitely different than anything I have seen. This was one of the very first ones, he's already getting the process down even better and the next couple are phenomenal looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.