New Etsy Score... For Cheap!

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtwaller

Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I definitely did not plan to buy another pipe this week, but I was browsing around this morning and I found a Peterson Rosslare Royal Irish 120 that I just could not pass up. I will have to wait until it arrives to assess the state of the pipe, the pictures don't show a lot. The price was so low I had to shoot first and ask questions later... $80!! If the rim is any indication, this pipe should be in pretty decent shape!

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
It appears to be in fantastic shape! Will be a real looker once you shine that silver up. The Rosslare Royal Irish are lovely pipes. The stain and stem combination, along with the style of fitting they use for it (and in silver) make for a very striking pipe. I have one in the 106. 80 bucks was a great deal! Congrats and enjoy the heck out of it! :clap:

mtwaller

Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Thanks, Anthony, I’m pretty darn excited! My 6 has a little gurgle issue but with a small piece of balsa filter it smokes like a dream, and is probably my most favorite pipe. I can’t stay away from this line, aesthetically they are just perfect to me.

dmcmtk

Preferred Member
Aug 23, 2013
You did very well. Saw that pipe myself awhile back, I was very tempted! I bought a beautiful W.O. Larsen from the same seller. :)

mtwaller

Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Dave, was the pipe you bought from this seller in good condition? I was worried there was something wrong with this thing because the price was so low. And didimauw there aren’t near as many as Ebay, but every once in a while you can find some gems on Etsy.

ben88

Preferred Member
Jun 5, 2015
I got a Pete from the same seller few months back. It was in great condition.

techie

Preferred Member
Jul 20, 2018
So who is this Seller? There are two stores I have saved on Etsy that I check out from time to time.

mtwaller

Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Their pricing structure seems to “shoot from the hip” a bit, though. For instance, they have a decent looking silver mounted army 120 right now that is listed at retail price... yet my Rosslare Royal Irish 120 was honestly less than half price. Granted, it looks to have been smoked a little bit, but still. Not sure how they formulate their pricing, but god bless it I’m glad I found mine for so cheap.

dmcmtk

Preferred Member
Aug 23, 2013
Dave, was the pipe you bought from this seller in good condition?
Yes it was, in excellent condition. The pipe in front,

It wouldn't surprise me if it were made by Søren Refbjerg Rasmussen, who made high grade pipes for W.O. Larsen from around 1990 until 2005.
:)

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
If the Peterson is structurally sound, it's a fine pipe at a super price. Those are handsome pipes and somewhat up-market.

mtwaller

Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Wowza, that’s a monster of a pipe! Way outside my comfort zone, but stunning nonetheless. And mso489, its a super price indeed! Can’t believe I got another RRI for $80! I’m tempted to build a 7 day set at those prices...

mikethompson

Preferred Member
Jun 26, 2016
I'm late to the party, but that is a very nice pipe. I love the stem and bowl colour combination on those.
Thanks (I think) about the tip etsy! Now there is another outlet for PAD!