PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I am completely with Warren here. My intention on this post was not to bash Dunhill pipes. And yes not everyone knows the convoluted history that is involved with this brand.
Notice the quotes in the title. The “Inspired” is the key here. And Warren is the only one who picked it up. The luxury brand line of D(d)unhill made an entire line of clothing that is inspired from minerals and materials used in the past to make Dunhill lighters. That is noteworthy because they have faught long legal battles to divorce themselves from all things tobacco and pipe related over the years, resulting in “white spot” as a separate entity. And now they they are inspired to tap into a rich history of tobacco lighters as a marketing strategy. I find this intriguing. The funny clothes and bags are just examples and not a judgement on my part.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
What world is this from???
And, who is that guy with the bowl-cut hairdo? He looks like the "grown-up version" of the kid from junior high school who was voted as: "Most likely to receive a wedgie in the cafeteria, while the school Principal laughs and does nothing. - Sherm Natman

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Granted,I'm feeling something snobbish today,Did I wrong buying another day a brand new Dunhill Ring Grain in England, And Yes,it hurts to confess it did cost me a bundle of bucks so in all probability I cant afford no hair cuts for some time to come yet due to this rather reckless action,I afraid I'm forced to be satisfied with cheaper tobacco brands.Nontheless, Once I've gotten this very pipe inspected and some photos done I'm fixing to bring it to Your discerned observation,if it deserves to be shown, no without that,

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Granted,I'm feeling something snobbish today,Did I wrong buying another day a brand new Dunhill Ring Grain in England
That's ok...as long as you didn't buy any Dunhill clothing or fashion accessories to go with it.
Safe to say that we're not their target audience!
But it's scary to think that there apparently is a target audience out there somewhere.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@ Brian64,Nope, I'm rely on more traditional looking garments,be it from England or U.S(sheplers.com)

but Yes ,now when the pipe came in and after my initial smoke I only can say it performs wonderfully,nontheless,based on my limited experience these todays Dunhills aren't anything superior to brands like Castellos or Ascortis.So to say sure them are overpriced something like $100

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
The Addams Family lost episode, "Lurch Goes Bowling".
fFSmTT7.png

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have roving around in the clutter on my dresser a tiny vial of Dunhill men's scent folded in a small gray cardboard folder with Dunhill printed on the front. I've never worn it, and I don't remember ever smelling it. My wife got it from some cosmetics counter as a free gift with something she bought. It's from the other Dunhill world, the one that makes a lot of money for its stockholders or private owners. Boutique brands are a huge industry, and seemingly pipes are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.