PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
Has anyone else had a very tight draw or what feels like a very restricted draw from the new White Spot Dunhill pipes? I have a new (2019) 4226 Cumberland Hungarian that draws hard compared to my older Dunhills (1968 Hungarian 591). The pipe passes a pipe cleaner easily, so I do not think it has any obstruction. The pipe actually "wheezes" when I smoke it and I have to "sip" it more than I already do with my other pipes to make it draw smoothly. Also, when I looked inside the bowl, it seems the draw hole is drilled higher than my older Dunhills. There is a definite space between the draw hole and the bottom of the bowl on the White Spot.
Thanks

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You have a Hungarian that passes a pipe cleaner? That's impressive. From memory, Dunhill had two different kind of Hungarian pipe drillings, but I can't recall the details.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
Is it tubed? If so, try pulling out the tube.

I have a 2019 4103 County Cumberland that Whistles a bit too bit I am sure it's because of the tube. The draw is a little more constricted than any of my Castellos but it's a great smoker.

No. I just double-checked. No tube.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
You have a Hungarian that passes a pipe cleaner? That's impressive. From memory, Dunhill had two different kind of Hungarian pipe drillings, but I can't recall the details.
Well, maybe I should have been more detailed...when I disassemble the stem from the briar, it passes a pipe cleaner without obstruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.