PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I smoked my first bowl of Condor last night - and my second. And my third this morning. The firs adjective coming to mind when smoking Condor is unique.
I would further describe Condor as the perfect Lakeland. It has the floral taste common to Grasmere and other Lakelands but is much more subdued. Some who have no truck with Lakeland's in general might find themselves enjoying Condor.
One of the things I look for in new blends is unique personality. And as mentioned, Condor is unique, a quality I value highly. Some blends, even excellent ones, are just one more in a crowd, albeit a hiqh quality crowd. Others are what might be referred to as stand-out blends. Old Dark Fired stands out in the VaBur field, Classic Burley Kake to me is a stand-out burley. Of course, your stand-outs may vary.
Anyway, for me, Condor is unique and for me, has rescued the reputation of the entire Lakeland family.
Thanks to CondorLover1 and all those who have continuously heaped it's praises, until I finally had to try for myself.
Nextup: St. Bruno.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
...Condor is unique and for me, has rescued the reputation of the entire Lakeland family...
Coincidentally I am now having some Condor to calm myself down from some on-going puzzles that I have to tackle. Enjoy!

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Glad you like Condor, I have smoked it exclusively for 7 years. I look no further in finding the perfect blend, because for me I have found the Nectar of the Gods!
Cheers,--Eric :)

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Who would ever guess that in this day and age a lowly OTC pouch tobacco could ruin so many true pipe tobacco afficianido's?
It's complex, flavorful and full bodied. Brass's description of "unique" sums it up in a word. If all Lakelands were like Condor it would or could be life changing.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
What I cannot understand is why so many people in the UK would run a mile from the stuff but yet Americans seem brainwashed by it.

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I'm a Brit and so wanted to love Condor and St.Bruno but I just can't seem to enjoy them as much :-(
I really like Erinmore and Gold Block though, so I'm still happy with some of the OTC blends.

May 31, 2012
What I cannot understand is why so many people in the UK would run a mile from the stuff but yet Americans seem brainwashed by it.
It's quite simple.
Not many baccies over here have such the stoutness,

most are limp-wristed overmild snooze fests,

and lack full flavor,

not so with Thee Mighty Condor,

it lords over them all!
:!:
kt8kab5.png

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
James80
I can't see people from the UK running from the stuff since it has been an established blend for over 100 years and is still in production after all this time. I would also go so far to say a many a pipemen cut his teeth on this famous blend. As far as brainwashed, nah it just took me 23 years to find what I Had been searching for the whole time, the perfect blend, for me anyways!
Cheers,__Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.