PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhhiggy

Lurker
Jun 23, 2019
Hi all new Canadian piper here wondering what everyone’s latest and greatest Aromatic tobaccos are? Also any Canadians on here who are you ordering online from and who seems to ship quickest to Canada?

twiggy

Might Stick Around
Jun 25, 2019
Niagara Falls
I'm also from Canada and new. There's a few good pipe stores in Canada, I just got in a new pipe from one.
I haven't ordered anything from the U.S so far.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Welcome from Edmonton. I have bought online from 4noggins. I’ve always kept the tobacco under 200g (about 7 ounces). I also usually pick up some other supplies or pipes to justify shipping costs but keep the total order including shipping under $150. I’ve never had to pay duty but from what I’ve heard keeping the amount of tobacco under 200g and keeping the order small is NOT a guarantee that there will be no duty.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Welcome from Edmonton. I have bought online from 4noggins. I’ve always kept the tobacco under 200g (about 7 ounces). I also usually pick up some other supplies or pipes to justify shipping costs but keep the total order including shipping under $150. I’ve never had to pay duty but from what I’ve heard keeping the amount of tobacco under 200g and keeping the order small is NOT a guarantee that there will be no duty.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
Welcome from Ontario! And yes there is no exemption for the amount of baccy ordered and tax. Order what you want, and pay what you owe. If you aren’t hit then it’s a win. Just depends if the officer wants to do the paperwork. I’ve had no issues with 1lb bags, yet get hit on a single tin. It is what it is...

canampipe

Lurker
Jul 10, 2019
I love Peter Stokkebye's Black Coffee. You shouldn't have trouble buying it online. I buy it at a brick and mortar store in Buffalo. I'm Canadian, too. Never been hit for duty on the way home, but I keep the quantities low. I think the limit is supposed to be seven ounces of pipe tobacco and the customs officers never seem too interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.