PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Well, I finally got around to taking a few pictures yesterday of my new beauties that I picked up from the pipe show last weekend, so here's my contribution!
Bentmike was nice enough to invite me to accompany him, and we had a great time. Very nice to meet Ryan Alden (lonestar), who is a HOOT, by the way! Also Jason (briarbird), Brian and Russ.
The Missouri Meerschaum people were there, of course, and what excellent people to represent the hobby and their products. Super-de-duper nice. I'm a big fan of the MM cobs, and seeing as how they had a few new shapes added to their line I had to get one that suited me. This is their new Morgan. A petite little pipe that's just right for a nice smoke. I liked the shape and dainty size, so this one found a new home with me:

They also gave me a teeny-tiny little key chain pipe that while very small (about a 5 minute smoke) is fully functional. I may light the little thing up once just to try it. :D
On to the most exciting news...
I GOT MY VERY FIRST DUNHILL!!!!!
It's an estate, and I haven't been able to procure a magnifying glass yet to read the markings on the shank. They're very faded. It looks like a repair was made to the end of the shank at some point and the silver band added. The stem is a replacement, so the pipe is not original. But...the price was a song, and in the end, I'm going to smoke it, not simply admire it.
Here it is, ladies and gents:

The bowl size is a bit larger than I normally smoke, but I fired it up Sunday night and it smokes beautifully. While the pipe seemed to be clean upon purchase, bentmike is going to help me clean it properly and allow me to borrow his large magnifying glass to try to identify the markings on the shank. I can't wait to find out the year, etc.
This was my first pipe show, and I can't wait for the next one to roll around!
Happy Piping, all! :puffy:

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Thanks guys. :)
ghost, I did not, but I'll get around to it one of these days.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I guess you didn't start your collection of Hobbit tobaccos either. These tins used to be easy to come by but as more people want to collect them they are getting fairly pricey.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats Roadqueen - great you got to go to a pipe show too. Let us know how that Dunhill smokes!

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Ryan, I plan on attending next year as well!
Six, it smokes just like I imagined a Dunhill should. Wonderful pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.