Never too old... I got a makeover in Chicago!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Jon and Matt Guss approached me at the show and said they'd seen my repair videos and decided I looked old and haggard on film, but not to worry because they knew someone in downtown Chicago who could give me a new look. A friend of theirs with a makeover business.
Who wouldn't be grateful for such honest advice and guidance, right? Those guys are great. :D
So, here is the New Me. :puffy:
(I thought it might be a tiny bit too modern & edgy at first, but they assured me on the coasts where they're from---New Jersey and Seattle---I'd fit right in.)
Makeover.png

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I liked you better as a grumpy pipe restorer :lol: pink is not your color, George.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Disturbing, and a little exciting. Maybe next year the show could generate additional revenue from a fashion show. “Artisans of the Pipe World” strolling up and down a briar runway to the sound of bagpipes. If promoted properly I think the show organizers might rake in fifteen, twenty bucks or more.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Please stick with the cat for your avatar.
But I just want to know why there are triplets walking down the sidewalk? Or are there more than 3 of them out of the frame?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
This is what happens from smoking Captain Black Bubblegum too often, George. I'd recommend a Latakia blend to lessen the ghosting a bit.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
They are the "Believers"! Don't ask,it gets ugly...
I don't want to know what's in the purple bags.
Looks like you’ve been eating too much Cotton Candy.
This is what happens from smoking Captain Black Bubblegum too often, George.
When he mentioned recently in a different thread that he had a candy striped ass I thought he was just joking.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
OK... after meeting a few people on the street who thought my New Look was too feminine, I decided to make another change.
Only hardcore masculinity for me from here on out, dammit! 8) (Forget those Guss brothers... I think they were puttin' me on) :evil:
Here's the New New Me:
djpg83se20o11.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Oh, wow. I guess that defines what "muscle bound" is. Gross.
G- I like the first look just a bit better. Were those contacts hard to wear?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Either one gets you a long circus career...but I think Ringling Bros is out of business now.

Status
Not open for further replies.