PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Hello Fellow Pipers
During my normal work day I came across a Vietnam Vet who is dealing with 3 types of cancer for the second go around. And not able to work. He is facing many weeks of Chemo and Radiation. I am not able to help him much because my funds are limited. I normaly do not ask for help, nor do I get involved with the people I tranport. But, this time I must. He is a pipe smoker and only has two pipes one M M and and unknown briar. He enjoys the codger blends.
I thank you for your time
John

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Doc from what he says the VA is not covering his treatments. I think they are being provided by the State Healthcare system.
John

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Doc from what he says the VA is not covering his treatments. I think they are being provided by the State Healthcare system.
John
get him to contact his nearest VSO office (almost every county in the US has one). if he is a RVN vet then he automatically qualifies for the VA Healthcare system. everyone who was 'in country' is now considered exposed to agent orange. depending on what types of cancer he has he may automatically get a disability rating. don't go to a VA clinic or hosp go visit your VSO they will tell what documents he will need to bring when he makes an appointment and they will electronically fill all the forms both for Healthcare and a disability rating correctly the first time. there's absoltly no reason for him not to get in the system. if he say something about trying 10 or 20 years ago it ain't nothing like it use to be.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
I would like to thank the following Brothers of the Briar.
Trailboss

Danielplainview

rsuninv

eightywon

indianafrank

shaintiques
You guys are awesome, you have blown me away. Again thank you foe your donations. The Veteran will have a pleasent suprise from some caring people.
May Good things come your way.
John

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Hi all I wanted to bring an update to you. I have slowly been getting items for the vet. To those of you who have sent something I want to say thank you and also to let you know I will be giving him your address so he send his own thanks.
I think this weekend I will take whatever I have at that time to him.
Thank you again for your donation
John
PS. Hoping all the pipers on the froum has great smokes.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
This is a great thread. I apparently missed this first time around. Thanks everyone for your kindness. Is there still a way others can help?

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Pipebaum81,
Talk to the man who runs the free pipe project he may have names. Or know of Vets that could use the help for a good smoke.
A little bit of love like this can mean a lot to the Vets
John

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
best thing you could do for him would be to get him into the VA system.. free medical and maybe a tax free monthly check would go a long ways to getting him on his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.