PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
The Nording aromatics (blended by McClelland) are still available. Also, you might want to check out the Mike & Russ Mind Meld aromatics.

phreon

Lurker
Jul 11, 2017
I was a big fan of the McClelland Chocolate Cream - so much so, I bought out the last I could find and have squirreled it away in the basement. I gave Boswell's Chocolate Cream a try. It's very different, but enjoyable. Where McClelland was like dark chocolate, the Boswell is like a rich Dutch or Baker's chocolate. I'd say it's definitely worth a try. If nothing else, when you open the bag and take a whiff, it'll knock your socks off (in a good way).

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Check out Boswell. They have numerous well regarded aros. You can buy direct from them.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I have smoked many aros, but since I tried Lane Dark Red, I don't want to smoke anything else.

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
Back in my aromatic loving days these two were my favorites (on rare occasions I'll still have a bowl or two).
If you're feeling adventurous, you may explore these two:
Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake: Samuel Gawith Chocolate Flake is not exactly what it would appear. Fine Virginias and Burleys are pressed with a hint of Latakia and pressed with a subtle chocolate note, designed to enhance the flavor and to add a subdued note to the aroma. It's a smooth, creamy, soft flake that will appeal to a wide range of enthusiasts.
Samuel Gawith Fire Dance Flake: made by beginning with Samuel Gawith's classic Best Brown Flake which is enhanced with a singular combination of blackberry, brandy and vanilla essences. The flavor is mellow and slightly sweet, while the room note is very enjoyable.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
+1 on Boswell's (and on correct use of punctuation in thread titles :wink:).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The food flavored aros haven't caught on with me, and I've even strayed from vanilla blends. Right now I'm liking SWR Aromatic (three liqueurs) and Peretti's Thanksgiving Day (citrus, which is somewhat food related). Also Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, though I haven't cracked the current tin yet. I do like Royal Yacht with plum, or whatever it is. Most of my rotation is non-aromatic.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I’ve heard that the sg chocolate flake is good as well I have never explored that one because I don’t have much experience with flakes

Do I cut that stuff up or rip it apart ??

Maybe I’ll try it

Any advice guys ?

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Want to try a bizarre aro? Try sutliff's Match VIP This isn't a sticky sweet goopy aro....this is an old codger burley aro that has a birch bark candy flavoring. And like I said, nothing about this resembles sweet as candy. I think it's one of those blends you're either gonna love it or hate it. I love it.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I am not much of an aromatic smoker but I have found a few that I like and will throw in the rotation when in the mood. One of my favorites is Hiland's Cigars Black Gold which tastes like dark chocolate brownies. A few more that I keep on hand are Strauss's Sleepy Hollow, Corn Cob Pipe & a Button Nose and Samuel Gawith Celtic Talisman. Celtic Talisman is really growing on me. It has a subtle casing and is pretty dry for an aromatic. My two cents anyway.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Hey you guys are growing my TAD list. Although I already enjoy many vanilla blends, I had never considered a chocolate blend. Now I have to try at least 2 new-to-me Samuel Gawith products: Chocolate Flake and Fire Dance Flake.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Though not chocolate, I keep Lane RLP-6 and HGL (which is RLP-6 and a small dash of latakia for body) and Dark Red in stock. Another light aromatic I enjoy is Hearth & Home Summer Harvest ( vanilla, honey and dark fruits) I received as a sample and now keep around. My Christmassy aro smoke is still Corn Cob Pipe and Button Nose for that hit of hot cocoa. You can still find it but it's becoming harder.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Sutliff Honey is pretty good to occasionally sweeten up a blend when in the mood. It's good on its own, but nic hit is nonexeistent and I use it more as a blending sweetener.

Firedance Flake, someone liked that flake? By itself? Ha ha. I think it is lacking in all departments, flavor of the topping and the tobacco. But, mixed with some Newminster Blackberry Brandy is pretty good.
Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream smells and tastes divine. It smells like a men's cologne should.

Status
Not open for further replies.