PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I have had this pipe for around 10 years. It is pretty small and I used break it out just to test new tobaccos. It smokes so even and smooth that I find myself reaching for it more often. I don't think it is an expensive or collectible pipe but I am curious if anyone can put a maker to it. The band is stamped EP inside a triangle with three symbols or letters underneath it. EP could mean electroplate but seems odd to electroplate such a small piece. EP could be the makers initials but I find no evidence of either possibility. Any ideas?
Guess I have to host the pics myself? Will try to do that if the hallmark doesn't ring any bells.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks for the lead. I found no information while searching for that pipe company but sounds probable. Wish I could make out the hallmarks better. Knowing what it is won't make it smoke any better or worse, just curious. Will try to add the pics or I can make it my avatar so it can be seen for a while...

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Okay here are the pics:

lilpipe1.jpg

lilpipe3.jpg

lilpipe2.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
No surprise. The "EP" bands are used on a bunch of different inexpensive makes and are also used as repair bands. I suspect that the "hallmarks" are just a design element and aren't representative of anything more than that.

Reactions: metarzan

xrundog

Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
Sablebrush is right. EP is electroplate. The band is nickel. The hallmarks are just to give an English look. This is pure conjecture based on some much earlier catalog pages I've seen. I think many pipes of this type were wholesaled and brand stamped by the major sellers. Maybe some made their way to smaller shops that didn't stamp them.

Reactions: metarzan
Status
Not open for further replies.