PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
I was looking at purchasing this holiday blend from pipesand cigars, and they just sold out ($16.85). Now Smokingpipes has raised prices on same blend.

I have checked out most of the online retailers that I have used in past.

Please help

Jeff

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Definitely jump on ordering this blend. I plan on getting at least one tin tomorrow from smokingpipes.com. They had a tin open at the West Coast Pipe Show this weekend and it's amazing. I got to smell the room note first and it's unbelievably good. A nice pleasant sweet fruity aroma. Right now I'm sampling the bit that the gentleman at the table allowed me to take home and it tastes very close to how it smells. It's a bit moist at first, and since I haven't given it any drying time my pipe is gurgling a little bit, but other than that it lit and is burning quite nicely. If you're an aromatic fan you definitely have to pick a tin of this up. I'd even spend $30 for a tin of it.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
I just had 2 tins show up from Smoking Pipes, smells like an awesome holiday aromatic. The packaging is very nice and the tin note is very sweet and reminds me very much of the apple crisp my grandmother makes. I'll be sampling a bowl of this while waiting outside Gamestop this evening for my copy of Halo 4 but something tells me I'm going to love it.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I went ahead and ordered a few tins. Hopefully its as good as I hear. Also ordered a few tins of the 2012 Special Reserve.
:puffpipe:

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Got a tin in the post today, just moved it from the tin into a bail top jar. The tin note is amazing, would actually recommend hiding this one from any children as it smells like the most amazing desert ever. Am halfway through smoking my first bowl and have realized that I'm going to have to try to get at least one more tin. I'm mainly picking up the taste of cinnamon followed by toffee, its burning a little wet but not too bad and the room note and flavour of the smoke is amazing. Highly recommended.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Back in stock at Pipes and Cigars. Didn't realize this was in such great demand so I bought two more tins and at a pretty good price.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Boy I can't find the Peterson Holiday 2012 anywhere. I keep checking Pipes and Cigars as well as smoking pipes. I'm hoping to find a tin. I've also been having a hard time finding the 50g tins of Dan's sweet vanilla honeydew
Gecko how's that special reserve?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Current Three Nuns tinned version in a 2003 Stanwell Golden Danish 56 Rusticated Canadian.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Here's a place that has Christmas blend '09 as well as McClelland Christmas Cheer '09, '10 and, '12. They are pricey but they appear to be in stock.
http://www.briarpatch.biz/index.cfm

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Awesome thanks for the help. Has anyone ever ordered from egars.com?
I tried ordering from niceashcigars.com but they won't ship to me in NY even though they are located in NY. I guess tax reasons.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Darn neither niceashcigars or egars will ship to me in NY as they are both located in NY and some stupid NY state law prohibits them shipping tobacco to other locations in NY without a tobacco license or without collecting taxes and as they are unwilling to collect those taxes they won't ship to me.
The tax rate is 75%. What crap these damn liberals are ruining this state. lol
pipesandcigars.com is also in NY however they will collect the taxes and ship to me just not the holiday blend as they are out of it.
Oh well I guess I'm out of luck. I like the idea of the pipe and tobacco but I don't want to spend the money.
Thanks for the help.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Thanks politicalmonster. Now I have to decide if I want to pay almost $40 for that $20 tin of tobacco as Cup O Joe's is also in New York.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've called about 15 shops within NY & CT that are in driving range so far none of it in stock. Some said they didn't get any yet so I'll have to keep on top of it.
Thanks everyone

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Well I decided to pull the trigger on a tin from Cup O Joes and pay the ridiculous NY state tax. On the plus side Cup O Joe's will pay 22% of the 75% tax so I only have to pay 53% more. Still sucks but I don't see any other option to get the Christmas 2012.
Thanks everyone and oh I'm new to the forum :)

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Well I decided to pull the trigger on a tin from Cup O Joes and pay the ridiculous NY state tax. On the plus side Cup O Joe's will pay 22% of the 75% tax so I only have to pay 53% more. Still sucks but I don't see any other option to get the Christmas 2012.
Thanks everyone and oh I'm new to the forum
Daaaaaaaaamnnnnn... that's killer. I'd leave and move to PA.
Hopefully there's still some around later today, I've been looking around for this! It sounded good, but I didn't know it was in limited quantities.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Yeah that in state tax sucks. I can still order products from out of state without a problem though.
I don't quite think it's enough to make me move though. ha ha

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Rothnh I thought about buying that however when I read the description it said 2011 and if look at the imprint on the underside of the lid it looks like the 2011 tin.
So a few days ago I called them up and asked them if it's 2012 or 2011 as it's confusing since the actual title differs from the description. The person on the phone was absolutely clueless and told me they were 2011's so I hung up. ha ha
I am happy that I'm getting at least 1 tin from Cup O Joe's even though I have to pay the tax.
Thanks for the help. I'll have to start looking earlier next year for the holiday blend.
Oh I also called from ashton's distributor website a store in Arizona they said they keep getting calls from people asking if they had it in stock so they called Ashton and placed a big order for the Holiday 2012 blend however it turns out they sent them the special reserve instead so he's pretty pissed and was hoping they would sell.
Seems to be quite the popular choice this year. I found a few places with left over 2011's. I'm not sure the difference.
Has anyone smoked the 2011 holiday blend and the 2012? Is there a difference?

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Yes there is a difference. They do the blend differently every year. I have a tin of 2010 unopened currently. I just left my B&M and they were only able to get two tins (not a huge high volume place) and the owner told me that one tin was for me and the other was for a fellow pipe smoker that frequents the shop. When ashton called him to notify him the shipment was sent, he asked for more tins and he was told no, that every tin they have has been spoken for. He still as a 2010 tin for sale as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.