PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Northern rivers nsw Australia
Recently purchased a butz choquin a metz origine france 1 and cant find any information about plenty about st claude number 2 but nuthing befor any help appreciated

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure to feed her dinner. The French like to be romanced.

Seriously, There are so many pipes that come out of that factory I would be surprised if they put nomenclature on every pipe indicating date of manufacture. I just took a look at the few I have from St. Claude and there is nothing other than stock number, brand, and Country of Origin

Reactions: danimalia

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I think the pipe you have is from the 70s or 80s. Series 2 is more recent like year 2000+

it’s a reissue of the original bits choquin origine which would have had an albatross bone shank extension. Yours may have had a bone extension (I believe goose) or acrylic depending on its date of manufacture.

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Be sure to feed her dinner. The French like to be romanced.

Seriously, There are so many pipes that come out of that factory I would be surprised if they put nomenclature on every pipe indicating date of manufacture. I just took a look at the few I have from St. Claude and there is nothing other than stock number, brand, and Country of Origin
Hey thanks for reply yea cool just thort i might hav scored an early one due to the france 1 instead of saint claude but yea understand bout how many produced is a nice bowl and smokes really well so wont be afraid to keep smoking now thanks for your help

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh no, an albatross bone extension! Keep it off my boat, if I had a boat. Doesn't anyone teach "The Tale of the Ancient Mariner" anymore? Sailors don't mess with albatross, not if the sailors are starving. I like my BC pipes, but none of them are cursed.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Oh no, an albatross bone extension! Keep it off my boat, if I had a boat. Doesn't anyone teach "The Tale of the Ancient Mariner" anymore? Sailors don't mess with albatross, not if the sailors are starving. I like my BC pipes, but none of them are cursed.
I did always find it odd they used an albatross bone.

Reactions: Lyle b

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
Up the Irons he he know they didnt write it but they sung a good version na no bone just a nice bowl with a home made stem

Lyle b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2019
I think the pipe you have is from the 70s or 80s. Series 2 is more recent like year 2000+

it’s a reissue of the original bits choquin origine which would have had an albatross bone shank extension. Yours may have had a bone extension (I believe goose) or acrylic depending on its date of manufacture.
Hey Brobs not so sure now hav purchased a butz choquin a metz origine st claude france no. 2 nice pipe but bowl is quite a bit smaller than the france no. 1 . The bottom of the bowl is a bit different and the silver spigot stem is quite a bit smaller too as in it wont into the no.1 and still cant find any info on ones stamped with a number 1 france ... any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.