PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffith1

Lurker
Nov 4, 2012
My wife bought me this neat little GBD meerschaum for Christmas. someone has chewed the hell out of the stem and the mouthpiece is broken.. i am looking to find someone that can replace with original stem or duplicate this one.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gyjjm7jEkMSMcOAHGLje-NMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8API98P-rfo8hPyoyCxsSNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I had a great experience with Tim West replacing the stem on a McCranie's McArris pipe I own. It's now one of my favorite smokers. His prices are reasonable as well.
I also had Howard Schulte replace the stem on an old Dunhill Shell Briar and I was very pleased with his work. He is the authorized Dunhill repairman for the U.S. and does amazing work. The prices and turnaround time aren't the best as he tends to do things old school but I wanted the best possible work on that Dunhill and it was very worth it.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Griff:
I used Cigar and Tabac in Kansas City to replace a mouthpiece for one of my Jost Canadians. They did a bang up job for 17.95 plus tax.
Fnord

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Walker did a full stem replacement on a GBD Congress for me, including floating the logo onto the new stem.
I was completely satisfied. You can probably find the before and afters if you look through my old posts.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
I went through the search and decided on Walker Briar Works. They are doing some Dunhill stems for me and a refurb and from my research they are THE place to go.

griffith1

Lurker
Nov 4, 2012
thanks everyone for your suggestions. got it sent off to walker briar works. - now we just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.