Need A New Stem For Grabow

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor


Jan 14, 2016
Was doing a full cleanup of a pipe that I had acquired. I have a Dr. Grabow Freehand. I was doing a salt treatment for the bowl and also soaking the stem in oxy clean. I was not attentive, and did not know that soaking the metal tenon of the stem would have some negative effect.
In the end, I would like to replace the stem, but not sure where I should go. This is a lower end pipe, so I'm not looking for the best of the best, just something to replace it. Any suggestions? Thanks.



Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
I think the Dr. Grabow factory in Sparta, N.C., could probably help you, and though I don't have that link, I think it is easy to find. Depending on the age of the pipe, and if the model is still made, it might be an imperfect fit, but I think they'd have something functional, and if it is a pipe that is still in production, they might have a fair to perfect match. The other source would be Dr. Grabow collectors, if one has a spare parts box. You might give details on the age and specific pipe, and a photo could help.



Preferred Member
Jul 20, 2012
Get in touch with them here. Freehands stems are all the same, so you can get one and just bend it the way you need it. If IIRC they are about $11.00 + $3.00 for shipping.

International Pipes & Accessories
PO Box 849

Sparta, North Carolina 28675
Phone: 336-372-5521

Fax: 336-372-2875