PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I've been on many forums in the past and still am for many different things and one thing I find enjoyable is having a thread sticky or page for people to show of pictures of every brand or version of something for example
There will be threads as such
Show off your ______ here
The blanks would be
Peterson

Caminetto

Mario grandi

Rad

Etc
It would be great for new comers and everyone really to get an idea of every pipe maker or brand there is and it will show there styles and techniques off.
Just a thought I think it would be fun to go through pages of nothing bout pictures of beautiful pipes.
Andrew

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Well you wouldn't be obligated to participate Roth so not to worry its solely a picture thread wouldn't even have to be one you personally own maybe one you just found online and want to share.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I like it! What if you just start one thread called "Show Off Your..." That thread could contain links to all other "Show Off Your" threads. Maybe that way if enough people participate and we have at least a few carvers/brands to start with maybe a mod can sticky it? It's a cool idea I personally don't think we see enough tobacco photos what does this blend look like when you opened it. That could just be a single thread. Sounds like a good fun and informative idea :)

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Ok then ill prepare it today but I may need a mods help cause its not easy listing ll the pipe makers one time I need to keep editing it I don't maybe a mod has an idea how to start this I could just start show off threads for pipes I Own and encourage others to start threads of ones they own just make sure to have show off your ____. In the title

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Smokeybear: I like it! Of course, living near the Great Smoky Mountains NP, we are accustomed to seeing wonderful, in living color, scenes daily. Ahem!
Great idea. I'm in. And, I'm ugly as a rusted bucket bottom, Roth.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I like that idea smokey!
As for roth, I believe he is some kind of pipe puffing alien! I mean 10,500+ posts, not humanly possible :wink:

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
ok done so ill start a thread that will highlight the rules and instructions of this and ill also link all the Show off threads to this one thread so that its all organized. if you want me to start a show off thread for a specific pipe (ill also make one for tins and tobacco) then just let me know and ill create it only so we don't end up with duplicates.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Sorry, but I'm against.
With over 500 pipe brands and over 5000 tobacco brands, having a show off thread for each one is just going to litter up this forum. Already, I can't see half the things that were going on yesterday and today because of all these newly created "show-off" threads. :crazy: Please stop this madness.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I enjoy looking at pipes! I am more of a tobacco guy but am eager to learn more about pipes. Keep 'em comin'!

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I'm sorry about that hfearly surely I never meant this as an inconvenience for anyone but I understand your frustration I assure you it won't be this way all the time it's only cause we are building the foundations of the thread and once they become part of the norm I'm sure that they will only pop up once in a while which in that time I can only hope that you grow to enjoy them.
Regards,
Andrew

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thanks for your contribution freehand that's all I can say a little optimism would do you good I fully understood the meaning of what you where trying to do but I took it with a grain of salt now it's there as a sticky and your a part of it so get used to it and be proud of it

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
and mine had more contributions than his one that was mostly him. It is sheer clutter and garbage!
One more thing this seems quite irrelevant being you jacked the title of the "Show Off threads". I thought i was being fair and kind by using yours despite its purpose to mock me instead of incorporating my own to push yours aside. so you still got all the credit to that thread not like i stole it lol.
Anyway it is what it is.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Glad to have you here freehand :roll:

Maybe next time just come out and voice your opinion before you go through the mocking channel first. Last time I checked we are all grown men and women. Obviously it's already a sticky so someone thought it was a good idea and it won't clutter up "your" pristine experience here any longer.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Just so Everything is Clear tjameson and i both came up with the idea i just started it because i had the time today and both he and i can help with posting up the threads.
Sorry i never mentioned this before just wanted to see if he was up to it he was being modest but finally agreed to take credit. [:D] witch im thankful for.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Great idea, I've already seen some great pipes that might not have been posted (or at least not seen by me) otherwise.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
smokey, if you are having fun with this then go for it. No one has the right to call your threads clutter and garbage.
Freehand, you are out of line, no one is forcing you to open Smokey's threads.
hfearly, so you have to scroll down an extra couple of seconds, is that really going to diminish your experience here? Smokey is just trying to have some fun, no reason to rain on his parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.