PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thanks Harris im only having fun if the rest of you are, im not an idiot i know some people are going to complain although hfearly had a legitimate reason to not like the idea which is fine i did my best to explain the situation.
im not doing this for self gratification i had some time on my hands and ive been on many forums and this is usually a fun thing to have so that others can just enjoy looking at pipe pictures.
Those that Enjoy it i am glad for those who dont and have a legitimate reason i am sorry thats life though and for the others
1-800-complaints ask for Heywood Jablomi (Just always wanted to say that lol)

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Tasteful, well done photography does nothing but enhance the quality of this fine website. I am happy to oblige. Good idea smokeybear.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm in roth's boat. Not too much on digital photography. (I was a life-long celluloid guy, and I feel

the technology has been kidnapped.) But I admit I enjoy looking at your photos, those of you who post.

Maybe roth and I could participate by giving descriptions of our pipes etc. in glittering prose.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Smokeybear, I think your idea is good, and I would participate. But as a matter of courtesy, I think Kevin should

have been given a heads-up, and time to consider the total impact and unintended consequences. hfearly makes a good

point, and his opinion is probably shared by countless others.

My bad. Apparently you already did that. :oops:

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Thanks for your opinion Cortez this is why I asked Kevin via PM to review the thread and if he liked the idea to make it a sticky. If it does become a problem for the forum and Kevin decides to remove it then I will be fine with that as its not the intention of the threads. Ill leave it to the discretion of Kevin and the mods.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Personally I find it quite spammy... but I'm also like a day late so it doesn't really count.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I think once its been established for more than a day it will fall back off the recent threads. It's a new idea so people are jumping on it and making new threads and keeping them at the top with new posts. Once the threads are established you'll probably see one just as frequently as you'd see a new member introduction or a question about how to pack a bowl. If you don't want to read it don't open it. What's wrong with pictures of pipes categorized by brand? We have threads about just about anything and everything you can think of here. They are accepted for what they are, which is mainly an outlet for people's thoughts, feelings, or interests. We don't discriminate against threads about bacon flavored hot dogs, regular dogs, artwork, jokes, weather, or recipes simply because they aren't pipe related. In reality these things all have something in common and that is the sense of community they provide here. If you think it's spammy that's totally fine and I appreciate your point of view. I can understand having to see a bunch of threads of basically the same stuff covering the recent threads section, but unless the majority of people here, very much including the mods, have an issue with it and not just a few out of nearly 8,000 members here I don't see it as wrong or annoying even though I'm an active member here everyday.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
For this Reason I have stopped making threads just for the sake of making them. instead i have encouraged members to create their own Show Off threads when they see a need for one and link it to the Sticky. This is so we can reduce traffic flow of the Show Off Threads.
And from what i See and from the PMs i have been receiving lots of members are starting to enjoy them.
As i said ive been on many forums that have these type of threads and once they become part of the Norm you will only see them every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.