PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Ah, there is a chill in the air (at least there is where I am) and we are starting to get into the Christmas season.
I am a notoriously difficult guy for my family to buy Christmas presents for. However, this year my wife said she was fed up trying to buy something for me and asked if I would select my own Christmas present. And so I did.
I have been acquiring briar at a rather alarming rate and I'm in dire need of pipe stands to display them on. I already have one of Neal's majestic magnetic pipe stands and I'm simply in love with the thing. So this was kind of a no brainer. I wanted two more of Neal's racks - one will be a present to me from the wife and the other will be from my two loving and obstreperous children.
If you want to treat yourself or a pipe smoker you adore with a beautiful present this season, I can't recommend one of Neal's racks highly enough.
I am quite sure these won't be my last.
You can check out Neal's site here: http://nealyarmpipestands.com/about-neal-yarm/
Unfortunately, they don't come with the pipes shown.
fxi8nO6.jpg

pBvd9ob.jpg

VDCaDxA.jpg

RTTUUWV.jpg

4ifGFW9.jpg

djzaMSf.jpg

oeq6BSC.jpg

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Ooh, I really like the look of the second one! Those are both gorgeous pipe stands.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
They look incredible , as soon as my 7 day set of panels is complete I will have to compliment them with one of his stands.

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
Those are beauties. That's an awesome idea to use magnets. I have several racks but they're only good for my small straight pipes.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Bringing this old post back to show the beauty of Neal Yarm's work. It is difficult to get an idea of what these custom pieces are like by looking only at online photos of individual racks. The charm is collecting them as a set and building a motif over time. I have worked with Neal for a long time and he has done many custom pieces for me. These racks are kind of like PAD, I guess it could be called RAD. It's been a fun journey.
My pièce de ré·sis·tance. A wall set for my Castello pipes. Top rack is all Collection/Fiammata and the bottom left is a custom rack for monster Castello pipes.

One for my silver banded pipes

A Morta component piece

A single

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Bringing this old post back to show the beauty of Neal Yarm's work. It is difficult to get an idea of what these custom pieces are like by looking only at online photos of individual racks. The charm is collecting them as a set and building a motif over time. I have worked with Neal for a long time and he has done many custom pieces for me. These racks are kind of like PAD, I guess it could be called RAD. It's been a fun journey.
My pièce de ré·sis·tance. A wall set for my Castello pipes. Top rack is all Collection/Fiammata and the bottom left is a custom rack for monster Castello pipes.

One for my silver banded pipes

A Morta component piece

A single

Reactions: KORNEY

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I'm happy you revived this post...I love how you proudly display your pipe collection.
It looks awesome. Nice pipes. Mean looking dog.
So how do they work, you drop a metal "ball" into the pipe which anchors to the magnets?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Awesome stuff npod, and a nice job all around; from the collection, to the way the pipes are displayed, to Neal's work. Bravo! :clap:

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
The racks have very strong magnets embedded in the wood and there is a metal magnet ball that slips in the bowl of the pipe and it holds to the magnet in the wood. It must be secret ninja society voodoo magic that makes the system work because I can't get the ball to hold to normal metals to save my life. I've tried to make my own from online magnet purchases and have never been able to get the pipes to stay in place.
I trust the magnets completely. I have never had a pipe fall off the wall racks! It was a leap of faith at first, but over time I quit worrying.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Got this one for just under $50 from Smoker's Haven a few years ago. A nifty design, I just often prefer to keep my pipes in my tobacco closet.
img_20180111_134811-600x337.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Just noticed npod's smoking lounge guard. He looks serious!

Yes! Bru (that's his name) gets props online. He is a Brussels Griffon and I swear he loves nothing more than sitting with me while I smoke a pipe. He is a Brother of the Leaf for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.