PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I look forward to seeing many of the members here at the show again this year. Just a couple of weeks away!
Show info here - http://www.naspc.org/shownaspc.htm

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Thanks for the reminder stud. It had completely slipped my mind. I've been a couple of times and may make it in the event I get a wild hair.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Being new to all of this, what is one of these shows like? I'm assuming there will be lots of folks selling pipes and tobaccos, but are there good deals, or is it not much different than just buying online. Will there be hard to find blends but overpriced?

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've been planning on being in attendance again this year, but lately life seems like it has other plans for me.

Money is going to be tight this month so it will probably be a last minute decision either way.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Techie, there will be thousands of pipes for sale both new and estate, with many artisan carvers that you’ve most likely never seen before. The prices on new pipes vary, some vendors are priced at retail, but many vendors will have a show discount of 10% - 25%. The estate vendors are usually priced to sell and most will deal with you. There will also be hundreds of pipes you’ve never even seen or heard of before. As for tobacco, yes there will be many hard to find blends for sale, most priced at current market value, but there are deals if you are diligent. There will also be several vendors selling piles of new tins as well. You can also find accessories of every sort, new and used, pouches, pipe racks, reamers, etc.. But the main reason to go to Pipe shows is to meet up with other pipe smokers and make new friends.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
As for tobacco, yes there will be many hard to find blends for sale, most priced at current market value, but there are deals if you are diligent.
By "diligent", do you mean putting pipestud in a headlock?

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Can't wait! I'm hoping Jesse Jones finds a way to finish, and bring, my latest commission! I am on a mission to finally meet Regis McCafferty!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I was there last year, what an enjoyable time! Will be there Saturday for sure...

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I may very well drive down tomorrow. I haven’t been singe Bill Unger and Charles Franks passed. I used to work a shift at the main table. It’s a good show. Damned indoor smoking law aside.

Mike S.

Status
Not open for further replies.