PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I just got my Nasal Snuff in from Mr. Snuff. I've just tried Gawith Hoggarth Aniseed - I'm being cautious since this is a first time for me. It has a strong menthol, mild spice scent. I think I'm going to really like this. I encourage you if you haven't tried it - do so! I watched several youtube videos to learn how to lightly sniff it. Note: I think nasal snuff will be great this winter - when I'm feeling stuffy and tired.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Sorry for the late response. I usually roast the tobacco very gently on about 120 for a couple min at most to get it very dry and it takes on a very nice roasted aroma. Then I either pulverize it in a mortar and pestle or sap in a coffee grinder. Then I pass it through progressively finer sieves so that I am left with only very fine powder. I like straight Virginias and aromatics for snuff. Aromatics leave a very pleasant scent in your nose all day. My very favourite aromatic snuff is W.O. Larsen Signature Vintage Mixture. Marlin flake is also very very nice.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I just got my order from Mr Snuff a few days ago. When I opened the package, I was a bit surprised as I didn't realize just how much snuff I had actually ordered. The 25gram tins were a bit bigger than I expected. Not complaining though :)
Fighting the temptation to start openening and trying them all. First up was the Sam Gawith Chocolate. That snuff is amazing! A new favorite for sure.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It really is inexpensive to try. I like the stuff. I don't use it every day but it's great to keep around.
Edit: reading this made me feel the need for some Pöschl Ozona Anise. Nice little boost in the middle of a shift!

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Sorry for the late response. I usually roast the tobacco very gently on about 120 for a couple min at most to get it very dry and it takes on a very nice roasted aroma. Then I either pulverize it in a mortar and pestle or sap in a coffee grinder. Then I pass it through progressively finer sieves so that I am left with only very fine powder. I like straight Virginias and aromatics for snuff. Aromatics leave a very pleasant scent in your nose all day. My very favourite aromatic snuff is W.O. Larsen Signature Vintage Mixture. Marlin flake is also very very nice.
Thanks, ohin3. I think I'm going to definitely buy a new coffee grinder just for making snuff.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I bought some over the weekend...it was aniseed, and it was different...now I would like to try some other flavors....the tobacco shop have 8 steins full of snuff...one was called "toast" which i'm assumming tasted like "toast"??? I should of bought a couple more to try.

what other flavors have anyone else tried...Mr Snuff has a bubble gum flavored one which sounds yummy?!!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Toast is probably what is known in the snuff world as High Dry Toast. It is simply unflavoured, toasted and very finely ground tobacco. To me it is like the perique of snuff. It is very strong and very very spicey. Just have to very barely sniff it. I took a big snort of it once and it nearly took the head off of me. My eyes were watering for 5 min. I do very much enjoy High Dry Toast.

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Just placed my first order with Mr. Snuff. Though I am not after the nicotine, I am curious to the lingering scent and perhaps flavors that seem to be associated with snuff.

will

Might Stick Around
Jul 8, 2012
Mr Snuff is great to order from but shipping can get pricey.

For those new to snuff I would also suggest ordering direct from Toque snuff.

The prices and selection are great and the snuff has always been super fresh.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
SJpipesmoker, where did you find a shop carrying snuff in San Jose? Smokers paradise has some silver dollar snuff but I hardly ever see it any more in other shops. I found on shop across the street from S/P that had Ozona orange for a while.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I think im going to have to order some of this stuff or try and find some at my B&M. For someone who mostly smokes aro's, does anyone recommend anything in particular?

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I picked up a tin of silver dollar cherry at the B&M and gave it a try. Surprisingly i liked it very much. Im confused as too how much to use tho. I just tapped a very little bit on my finger. Is it more of a personal prefernce on how much?

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Hawk, from the vids I've seen on YouTube, a little dab should do ya. Also you don't want to "snort" it, but more like "sniff" it. I'm glad you like it, now I really can't wait for my order to arrive.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
does anyone recommend anything in particular?
Try Willsons of Sharrow brand. Honey Menthol is awesome and affordable. Red bull by Poschl has a good nic hit and if you like menthol you will like it. It comes in a tap box that I refill from my Willsons 25 g tins. I do not enjoy fruit flavor snuffs so can not help you there.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
When i went for my second attempt at the snuff i decided to try 'sniffing' it. Well i think it turned more into a snort as it was an immediate rush and i started coughing immediately. Although this was a quick unpleasant experience, as soon as the initial hit wore off i found it pleasant. The stuff reminds me of ground up cinnamon when i dump it n my finger.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I searched on a snuff forum for how many times a regular snuff user sniffs snuff. The amount varied from 2 times an hour to every 2 minutes within an hour...depending on the snuffers mood or opportunity. Seems like if you were sniffing snuff every few minutes, it would be running out of your nose. Some said they like it because you could use it anywhere, anytime. Some even said they sniff in bed. Interesting. Here's the link.
http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/4706/how-often-do-you-use-snuff/

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Well I placed my order this eve. I snorted some back in my 20's and 30's. Im looking forward to trying it again. Also got some rope baccy to chew. I like trying things from an older vanished time.
Products

1 x Grimm & Triepel Fischerstift No.5 5g $5.88

1 x Gawith Hoggarth Sweet Plum Small $5.85

1 x Gawith Hoggarth Sweet Blackcurrant Small $5.85

1 x Stainless Steel Snuff Spoon $7.65

1 x Toque Lavender 10g $2.99

1 x Samuel Gawith Finest Kendal Twist Apple $9.95

1 x Poschl Gawith Apricot 10g $2.52

1 x McChrystal's Clove 4.4g $2.19

1 x Ozona Anis 7g $5.99

1 x Wilsons Apple 10g $2.56

1 x Samuel Gawith Aniseed 10g $2.64

2 x Gawith Hoggarth Sweet Blueberry Small $11.70

1 x Toque Lime Toast 10g $2.99

2 x Toque Christmas Pudding Bullet 2g $8.98

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Alright, you guys got me again. Just ordered three tins of snuff and a tin of fvf from mrsnuff. I've gotta stop reading these discussions on new baccys and other stuff.

:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.