Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I am a fan of the snuff. After trying quite a few brands and flavors I like Willson's of Sharrow and Poschl and Mc Crystals. Though I lean towards British snuffs these days I find the German snuffs clog me up some times. I love the menthol flavors Willson's Honey menthol is my fave, with extra menthol up next. Poschl Red Bull is some good stuff also. Very strong menthol and good nic content. Poschl president is nice also and a good one to start with for some one new to the idea.
Just lightly sniff to get the snuff in the front of your nose. If you sniff to hard and it hits the back of your head it can be overwhelming and not so pleasant. Some snuffs are very light and it is easy to sniff with to much power. German snuffs have some oils or waxes added to make them heavy and easy to take. Those additives seem to gunk me up even though I like the scents.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Thanks for the explanation guys, now I know I'll never do this to my nose. :rofl:
With my luck, I'd have a busload of naked Penthouse models pull up to my house and offer to let me have my way with them, but then see some black nasal snuff hanging out my nose and go "ooooooooo" and all speed away disgusted.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
i rubbed snuff for 25 years... in high school i would go through nicotine fits that drove me insane. i never liked cigs, even though i smoked them to get off the "dip" habit... but i went to the tinder box at the local mall and purchased oliver twists(compressed, sweet tobacco pellets) and some snuff that came in a little red container with a tic tac like opening in the corner where you could quickly dump some on the outer hand between the pointer and thumb and sniff it. great stuff i tell you. smooth with no complications of the sinuses or stomach. plus you didnt smell like an ashtray like if you snuck a couple drags off a cig, and no constant spitting like dip or chew. hell , im going to google nasal snuff and buy some right now. thanks for the idea:)

flippinbird87

Might Stick Around
Jun 25, 2012
Snuff was and is my first love. I quit using snuff and snus, so it will always be with me. I am really into the Indian Snuffs like 6 Photo. My nose is filled with the scent of fine indian incense. :mrgreen:

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
What's great about snuff, aside from clearly out the sinuses, is that a small tin lasts forever!

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
I forgot to say that my friend bought one of those bullets from MrSnuff. It's a very effective device for delivering snuff. It seems to go right up to your eyes!

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Got an order in to Mr. Snuff finally. Can't wait to restock on some old favorites and try a few new ones as well.
In the meantime, I had the brilliant idea of grinding some of my own. So last night, out came the old trusty SG Brown #4. Makes a pretty intense snuff with a hell of a kick! Nothing like twist tobacco when it comes to versatility :lol:

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I checked out mr snuff and the shipping was 3x what the can of snuff went for. I'm going to pass till i go to the big city and can make a trip to The Tinder Box... Can't wait!!!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I'm with hobbie1dog on this one, this idea about shoving tobacco up your nose sounds insane. I wonder how it came around, did someone forget their pipe and instead light tobaco inside their nose like a bowel and inhale the smoke? No disrespect intended though, I'm pro pretty much all rights :)

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I don't like the bullet anymore. It gives too much and I end up with snuff in my throat and lungs. The finger-pinch method works really well though.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Can someone relate the method that is used to make pipe tobacco into nasal snuff? It was mentioned earlier. I would think you'd have to first dry the tobacco completely.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Too much snuff and a strong sniff will rock your world. I've only ever met one Penthouse model, but that was a long time ago and I didn't use tobacco back then. That's a story for another thread, though.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
All you really have to do is dry the tobacco out for a while and then grind it in a coffee grinder. I still like the bought ones better though - and they are pretty affordable.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
OK, I'm still struggling with this process. So after you snort up finely ground dark tobacco up your nose, how long does is stay up there, and I say "stay", because I assume to you don't do this right before you go up to the podium to accept your Oscar award and take a chance on having a bunch fall out of your nose on national TV. :crazy:

Jul 12, 2011
@Hob~shoot over to youtube and search "snuff" you will see how it looks, folks showing you how to properly use it, and after all that, take some very dried out pure V flake crumbs and smash the !@#$%^&* out of it until it is a fine powder, then follow your guides over on youtube to give it a try (make sure NOT to rub your eyes afterwards or you will be scream'in like a lil girl~hahaha), you just might find yourself ordering some :)
BTW; I just made some out of F&T's CVP, WOW this stuff is good...gonna find myself placing an order soon for their High Dry Toast, MMMM-MMM-MMM :twisted:

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I've never tried but always been curious. how do you actually get a nic hit then? is it just absorbed through the skin in your nose? if your just placing it shortly up in the opening. I've never tried cocaine but in the movies you see them taking long drags. dont want to do this with snuff?

Jul 15, 2011
OK, I'm still struggling with this process. So after you snort up finely ground dark tobacco up your nose, how long does is stay up there,
The powder will stick to the inside of the lining of your nostril from the moisture inside your nasal cavity until you decide to expel it via, say, blowing your nose. You could leave it in there anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours, though after about 10 minutes, you cant really smell the scent anymore, so there is really no need to leave it up there longer than that.
I've never tried but always been curious. how do you actually get a nic hit then? is it just absorbed through the skin in your nose? if your just placing it shortly up in the opening. I've never tried cocaine but in the movies you see them taking long drags. dont want to do this with snuff?
The nicotine is absorbed through the skin in the lining of your nasal cavity. You definitely DO NOT want to take a long continuous snort with snuff as it will have you sneezing, red eyed, and give you an instant headache. What I do to keep the snuff where I need it is to rub a little in the inside of my nostril, then pinch my nostrils shut with my fingers and take a few breaths through my mouth. This keeps me from sniffing the powder too far back into my sinuses, and after a few seconds the snuff will start to stick to the lining of your nostril and stay where it needs to stay.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
awesome. thanks for the info. I'm going to give this a shot next time i stop at the B&M. sure my wife will love it!!............

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
You can find " silver dollar" brand snuff at some shops in the US. It is made by Toque an English brand for the US market. I think it comes in 4 flavors? Not nearly as good as some of the brands available on line but worth a try. Just be careful with our Scotch snuffs. They are easy to take to much to fast! 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.