PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
The guys over at milantobacco.com are having a "Name That Blend" contest. Here are their contest rules:
"Participate in our 'Name that Blend' Contest ~ It's Easy!

Mad Scientist David and Mad Scientist-in-Training Michael have created another great new aromatic pipe tobacco blend. The hitch is they can't seem to agree on a name, so we've decided to have a contest instead and let you name it!
Buy any pipe smoking related product before the end of August, and we'll send along a free sample of the new blend with your order. Give it a smoke, then give it a name. It's that easy! The winner will receive a pound of his/her favorite Milan custom blend FREE! Entries must be received by September 15, 2010. The lucky winner will be announced on September 20th.
Send your suggested blend name by email to customercare@milantobacco.com no later than September 15, 2010. We'll match up your email address to your qualifying order and contact you if you've won. The winner's name will also be posted here on the 20th of September. Good luck and happy smoking!"
They have a nice selection of pipes and a pretty good selection of pipe tobacco. Check them out and, like the contest states, if you order something before the end of this month you are eligible to enter the contest. I received my free sample when they sent me my new pipe and I must say it is a very nice blend. Anyways, just thought you fellas might want to win a free pound of pipe tobacco so check it out :)

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Please let me know if this violates the forum rules. I am not trying to undermine the advertisements I just thought it would be fun to share with the other members. I would find it very honoring to have a tobacco that I named for sale on a website and didn't know if the other guys felt the same. Again, I apologize if it goes against the rules and if it does please by all means delete it. Thank you.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Seriously? Butter Berry won? I don't know about you guys but I think a better name could have been chosen. Maybe they just chose it because the guy is from the same town so less shipping costs?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Wallbright said,
Maybe they just chose it because the guy is from the same town so less shipping costs?

I hadn't noticed it until you brought it to our attention.

I would like to think that everything was legit, and that the winner had an edge on everyone else simply because

he could visit the store and sample the blend. So maybe he won because that stuff tastes exactly like butter berry,

whatever that means.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I would rather not lose my man card by smoking butter berry, best left to the wives I suppose.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
No, I was sent a sample and it tasted nothing like Butter Berry. Maybe it had some Berry flavoring in it but the Butter? I don't think so. I don't quite get the name for marketing a blend, it has nothing that would make me want to try it at all. Bet it is gone in six months, it was not that good a blend anyway!

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I agree Strongirish, I was not impressed. It was free though so I couldn't complain about the sample but I don't believe I would buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.