Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here's a very cool, and intriguing piece on a previously unknown Peterson Pipe system patent, with a different way of delivering and distributing the smoke. It's crazy!

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-collecting/mystery-the-peterson-system-stem-that-time-forgot/

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Cool is right! How is it even possible that this remained unknown / forgotten for all this time? It's like finding a pirates treasure buried on some remote island. The lads must have been absolutely thrilled when they discovered this pipe. Makes you wonder what else is out there, still to be discovered.
On a practical note, it might have been more work to clean and perhaps not a pleasant tactile sensation.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Fascinating ... first time I've ever seen or heard of these strange, alien looking stems; designed by CP himself, too. I'll be following. I'm very curious how these affect the smoking experience.

Jan 8, 2013
I really want one of these. My questions are therefore... how many of these are going to be made. And since I'm assuming only a handful, how pricey are they going to be? Or... if more of the stems can be mass produced, is that also an option? I'm afraid I won't be able to afford Silver Gray's stems! Her pipes are very pricey! Lovely, of course, but pricey! :rofl:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Mark offered me an opportunity to purchase one. I ultimately passed as I didn't feel my tobacco blend choices varied enough to give it a proper evaluation. I hope that I don't regret passing on the opportunity....

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Looks interesting from a historical point of view, but there is probably a reason it didn't catch on.
Just to parrot what was said above, I wonder what other strange stems are floating around that we never see.

piperusak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Yes, it is interesting to find out why it is forgotten. Perhaps the theory did not agree with the practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.