PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
So a couple months ago I mixed up a few different combinations and put them in ziplock bags. I had planned on labeling the bags but never got back to it. So this morning when I was looking for a blend to smoke with my morning tea I just grabbed a bag and filled up my pipe. The problem is it was a great smoke and I have no idea what I did or how i blended it. Oh well, I guess I will enjoy this one and chalk it up to experiance. Anyone else ever do this?

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
@dervis did you ever get one that you though damb wish i could duplicate this again?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Always best to make a little label and stick it on the jar of the homemade blend, of course. Since you

have a mystery on your hands, it might be fun to reverse engineer this blend, try to list the possible

ingredients, and then attempt to remember the proportions. Depending on your memory, this might

or might not give you an approximation. I'd do the experiment in very small quantities; mix it in a

little bowl, about one pipe's worth, so you don't end up with a quantity you don't want to smoke. And

of course, keep track of what you mix, so you can go back and make a bigger quantity. I think I've

had better luck with tobaccos with no or little-known dressing. You don't want to mix up aromatics

much; they already have mixtures going on. A nice basic blend that often works out is Virginia and

Perique. Or Va., Burley, Perique and Latakia if you like it. For us amateurs, simplicity is good.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
I did that once, some combination of an Aro, Nightcap, SG FBF, and McClellands oriental #8. It was great and Ive yet to recreate it. Lesson Learned, now I keep immaculate records.

Status
Not open for further replies.