My Wife's Good at this Christmas Thing (2009 Ardor Urano)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Dump bowl, clean, refill, and smoke another 3-4 hours.

(My recommendation would be MM's  Country Gentleman,   a VaPer. Seems appropriate.
I took both of your advices, and loaded up a bowl of Christmas Cheer, followed by Country Gentleman... and maybe another blend (or two). I regret nothing.
Come to find out, the chamber is actually shaped more like a chimney, with a Dublin inspired taper; and, with the walls being rather thick, it smokes Virginias quite good thus far. It's still too early to tell if it will be a great pipe, but I'm lovin' the journey as much as I love the chick that made it happen.
[The pipe] got a touch wet by the end, but I put it through it's passes, so it was to be expected.
My friend, you have a keeper.

That's what she keeps telling me.
Fantastic! I love my Ardor Giant Bulldog, one of my best smokers. Congrats!! Enjoy!
Thank you, sir! I do enjoy my Ardors... and this one is no exception!
Is there an image of your Bulldog up? I'd enjoy seeing it.
Well done Mrs. Deal, well done. Enjoy that!
She is an amazing woman; I'm hoping to make her at least half as happy for as long as I can.
And, will do, sir!
You get to see your wife naked? Lucky duck.
Yup. I got season passes and everything.
Damn she's got good taste, that pipes gnarly look could be in the Louvre, you really rang the gong big time, Wife and pipe.
Thank you, Cajun! I agree, on all accounts. It's a great bauble to stare at while enjoying the fragrant blue haze.
Hear, hear. Great all around. The feel of that pipe in the hand must be wonderful.
Thank you, sir! The feel in the hand is one of the best things about it; not only is the larger size of the pipe accommodating to my mitts (which is cool, in and of itself) but the tactile grip just feels right in the palm... and satisfying. Plus, the size and rustication seems to keep the bowl cool. Win-win!
Lovely pipe.

Lovlier bride.
Thank you, sir. She should really make me a calendar! ... or at least a Christmas card.
Great looking pipe. You are a very lucky man. I would smoke whatever calls to you and see how you like it. I owned one Ardor and it smoked great.
Thank you, sir... I'm extremely fortunate in my relationship (and life).
Great advice! I smoked what I wanted, I smoked what I thought would compliment the pipe, and then I smoked just for the fun of it! Now, I have to wait around for it to dry a bit, before starting all over again. ... it gonna be a long couple of days.
20171221_125758-02-450x600.jpg

One of the things I didn't expect from such a monster of a pipe, was that it would be such a comfortable clencher. I hadn't intended to dangle it from my teeth, but it just hangs itself in there effortlessly (just like it's draw). And, it doesn't look that ridiculous comin' outta my massive noggin'.
Ardor really does make a quality product. It's a solid designed pipe, with a beautiful aesthetic, and (thanks to my wonderful wife, and the story attached to her Christmas adventure) means a great deal to me. I'm a content Mr. Bear.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Just now seeing this. I just have to say, that's got to be one of the best looking pipes I've seen in every respect...enjoy.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah I really like that.
I keep looking at Ardor...but they just seem so heavy. I need to see them in person I think.
Congrats.

cynicismandsugar

Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Brain64, thank you, sir! And, I will!
Jah76, of the Castellos I own, two appear on the larger side; however, they are lighter than they appear (well balanced, too). I have some large pipes, by other manufacturers, that are bricks by comparison.
These are just my opinions, of course, ymmv.
And thank you, sir!
I hope each of you have a Merry Christmas! and wonderful holiday season!

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
Beautiful pipe, I am happy you have such a smashing wife and that you are grateful for her! Enjoy that pipe...

Status
Not open for further replies.