My Visit To A Belgian Tobacconist (pic heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Thanks for sharing.. wish I could go some place nice like that...

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Ravke: Yep.. it's a neat little town. And we Belgians always drink better beer, more of it and later into the night than our neighbors to the north ;-) One of the pictures in the album up there is at the so called "Three Country Point" where Belgium, Germany and Netherlands meet. It's a bit touristy, but it's a nice region to explore.
crk: It's home, my mom's still alive, so it's relatively cheap for me to visit. All I need is a plane ticket.
Zanthal: Not telling :nana: But it was less than what I could have and should have for two adults coming back into the US. Which btw is kinda vague for pipe tobacco. You can bring (per adult) 100 cigars and 200 cigarettes for up $800. However, the customs website says to contact your point of entry to get the allowed quantity for loose tobacco. Since I was bringing cigars (Belgian ones !!), I just translated the cigarettes into loose pipe tobacco. At roughly 1 gram per cigarette, one carton of 200 cigs would equate to 200 grams, or about 7 Oz. Since most European tins are 50g. that's 4 tins per adult traveller. But I took out what I took with me, so it was apparently less than I could have :-(
Here's the customs website

Status
Not open for further replies.