PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
A single day is all it takes sometimes :cry:
I was so excited about my new (to me) Nording, but after smoking it on and off all day, I've found its just not for me.
It smokes well enough, but it just does not feel right.
So...it's posted for sale or trade on the appropriate section of the forum.
RIP Nording pipe :crying:

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
I had the same problem with a Nording pipe,it was great but just did not suit.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
OK, bass', was it the weight of the pipe, since it was a larger heavier version; was it the needed renovation, which is sometimes not the most appealing way to start out with a pipe unless that's a major part of your hobby; or was it the draw or other aspect(s)? If you can, look over an array of Nordings at a pipe shop or show. The smaller ones, including the freehands, have tremendous appeal to me. Or Nording may just not be your pipe in any shape or form. Sorry this one didn't work.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
mso,
I didn't mind the cleaning and polishing, it only took an hour. The pipe is a little heavy for my liking and the balance was not where I really like it, being a clencher. Other than that, its a good smoker.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Never really been much of a clencher. I will occasionally, but only if I need both hands, like typing this response. I always seem to prefer holding my pipes, unless they burn hot for a bit, then I sit it down and let it cool. I love the feeling of holding a bowl with texture. One of the many reasons I love sandblasts and cobs. I am currently smoking one of my MM seconds, the Great Dane spool pipe, and to me, it's too heavy to clench with the plastic stem, so I hold it almost all the time. If it had a bent stem, maybe clenching would be better. The Nording I own, is a warden, so I always hold it by the bowl. Not to mention it has the military mount, so I'm constantly afraid the damn thing might pop apart by accident, losing my bowl. More than likely won't ever happen, just a small fear.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Don't give up on Nording pipes yet. They make some interesting pipes that are more traditional looking. I've had Nording freehands that I failed to warm up to, but then I got this! One of his silver series that unfortunately are out of production, but can still be found in the estate market, some of which are unsmoked. Also there are other styles of his pipes that are similar. This smokes great, and despite that it looks more like a factory pipe than the freehands do, it is well made.
img_09281-600x324.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Yep. It’s like Match.com. Gotta go on some dates to find your match.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for the encouragement guys.
I've struck a deal for the pipe to go to a good home with a forum member here in Canada in exchange for some tobacco.
I'd rather see the pipe go to a good home than make a profit on it.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I only bought one pipe online.I had handled one just like it in a smoke shop'I saved money buy buying it online.If I can't hold a pipe to see how it feels in my hand I don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.